BOG breakfast & Ohana dinner.... Does this work?

junebug21981

Mouseketeer
DH, DS & myself are all staying on property and will have the dining plan. We have dinner reservations at 5 pm at O'hana, so I wasn't wanting a ton of food for lunch so that we will have a good appetite for dinner. I was thinking of going to MK for EMH from 8-9 am, riding our 1st FastPass at 9 am and then making an ADR for breakfast at BOG at 9:25 am. Does that work? We would then ride the rest of our FastPasses and just use snack credits if we are hungry around lunch before going back to the resort for a nap before dinner at Ohana.

Thought's please!!! I know BOG is a good value when using a QS credit and I'm trying to maximize, but still get food we like. Also, will the 3 breakfast entrees + the pastry tray be enough to tide us over until dinner at Ohana? Is a 9:25 am ADR the best time or should I push it back more so it is more at a brunch time? OR earlier, but that would cut into EMH?

I think that would work well, but I might push the time back a little to 10:00 or 10:30. That will give you more time when crowds are a little lighter to do attractions. Also, it isn't quite so far away from dinner. I would give everyone a piece of fruit or breakfast bar in the room to hold them until the later breakfast.

I think that would work...I would probably want a Dole Whip Float on the way out of the park though :)
I might make my first FP+ at 10 (10, 11, 12) and leave the park after the last FP+. The only FP I would even try at 9 would be 7DMT...nothing else will have that big of a wait before 10.

The only other thing I would say is that we did something like this with our kids. 5pm Ohana. The problem was that we stayed in MK too late (just one more ride). Even though we used a car to drive to the Poly...no one wanted to wake up from nap because nap is weird at WDW and then everyone was cranky and it kind of spoiled the experience for me. Anyhow, if your kid naps, just be firm on getting out of the MK in time.

Yes, naps are very important! We are staying at WL, I figured We would leave MK by 1 and then our Ohana reservation is at 5.

I would push it back and make FP's for after your breakfast or brunch. Lines for the rides dont start to build until about 10:00

I would push it back and make FP's for after your breakfast or brunch. Lines for the rides dont start to build until about 10:00
Yep. I'd make a late breakfast/early lunch reservation around 11. Maybe schedule the first FP around 10:30-11:30, the second one from 11:30-12:30 and the third from 12:30-1:30, ride about 10:30 and eat in between the first two FP times (I think that works). That would get you back to the resort no later than 1:15-1:30. Alternatively (and perhaps a better use of FP), schedule breakfast/lunch for around 11:00 and don't use any FP in the morning since you often don't need them first couple of house but save them for the evening, assuming you are going to a park after 'Ohana.

I agree about the "one more ride" curse. That has really messed up our plans before. This time I am hoping to be strict (haha...I say that every time....)

I agree with what others have said - with that plan, I would push the ADR back to be a late breakfast (enjoying more of the lower crowd times in the morning) and not risk being excessively hungry for dinner.

The FP times, the transportation times, nap time, ADR times.....How much DISNEY time is left? All of this is WAY TOO MUCH for me. I couldn't devote this much time. :sad2: :sad2: Wow!!! I give you DISNEY fans the UTMOST respect for your patience and dedication. :worship:

I just couldn't do all that!!!! :sad2:

Thank's everyone. I love being able to get feedback from other Disney goers!!!!

I agree. The DISser's are awesome. I don't know what I would do without the advice and expertise I have received from here. As you can see from my previous comments, I just don't have the patience. But the PLANNING part is also part of the vacation and I agree and understand that. I went to Disney before I knew anything about DISBoards. Now I wish I had found this place before my first Disney vacation. I think I would have an entirely different perspective.
:disrocks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!