BOG ADR same time as Wishes

carly3592

Mouseketeer
Hello!
I will be in MK on Monday, Sep 15. The park hours for that day are 9am-9pm, no EMH (originally it had 9pm-11pm but that was taken away :confused3)

Anyway, I have an ADR at BOG for myself and my DBF at 8:55pm. Wishes starts at 9pm that day.

What I would like to know is: can we watch Wishes at 9pm and show up 15-20 minutes late for our ADR (I heard Wishes lasts about 12 minutes)? If push comes to shove, we can skip Wishes because we have both seen it before and neither of us have eaten at BOG so dinner is the priority. But if it's possible for us to do both, we definitely will.

I'm just curious as to what Disney's policy is on arriving to your ADR a little bit late. Could we perhaps call at 8:50 and say that we are in the park but will arrive a bit late? Or should we just skip Wishes and get to our ADR on time? Also, since the park closes at 9pm, will they not seat us if we're late past closing time?

Thank you!

I wouldn't arrive late, especially to THIS restaurant. People are chomping at the bit to get these reservations and if you are fifteen minutes late you could run the risk of being turned away and being charged the no show fee! They actually ask you to be early to your adrs and with the park closing too.... I wouldn't risk it.

If BOG is the priority, I would forego Wishes. If the park closes at 9:00 and you arrive at 9:15-20 most likely the podium will be closed and the restaurant won't be seating anyone. You'll be a no show and charged the $10 per person penalty. Be sure to be at the restaurant before 9:00 - Disney recommends 10-15 minutes before your res. Also, parts of FL are closed off starting a little before Wishes so give yourself enough time if in case you have to detour from your planned route to BOG.

Thanks for the feedback! I figured we would have to skip Wishes. I'll keep my eyes peeled for another ADR time opening up that would allow us to do both, but for now I'm fine with just enjoying BOG!

Hopefully you'll find a reservation that will work for both. Keep checking online multiple times a day to see if a cancellation comes up. You can also subscribe to the cancellation thread for September:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3251535

As far as your other questions:

Calling at 8:50 won't help because you'll get the dining reservations line. You won't be able to call the restaurant itself.

Disney restaurants set their own grace period policy, but if they are still open they'll usually seat you if you're up to 10 -15 minutes late, although some will put you on the walk up list. However, it will depend on the circumstances at the time. We were at a DW restaurant that was running far behind schedule so there was no grace period. Anyone who arrived late was turned away along with walk ups and extra people not on the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter