Boardwalk vs. Beach Club

BC is one of my favorites, the pool (in my opinion) is one of the best in WDW. I love the theming and the proximity to Epcot.

I've stayed at both and love both of them but am leaning more towards BCV. The renovated rooms are gorgeous, everything is a close walk where at BWV the hallways are long and it could be a long trip to the lobby or bus stop. And there is no comparison in the pools -BCV pool has the best pool at wdw, in my opinion. Also BWV doesn't have any QS at the resort lobby, you have to go to the BW. BCV does have a counter in the resort with limited selection of food. If you want a large food court then the moderates would be a better choice but they don't compare to BCV & BWV. The only reason I prefer BWV is because I love the atmosphere at the BW. Although the boardwalk is close at bcv it's not same as walking out of the lobby onto the boardwalk.

Oh boy! I am still torn!!! Glad to know there's a little bit of QS at BC. It didnt seem that way when we wandered around while staying at YC last year. I will probably do as a few suggested and wait to see what I get a better deal on. But in the meantime, here's a couple other questions:

1. Since the 8 year old pretty much sticks like glue to his sleep schedule no matter what (8 pm bed - 6 am awake), I have a feeling he won't be up for fireworks every night like I am lol Ive seen videos of the view you have of Illuminations from the Boardwalk, but can you also see the fireworks from the Beach Club at all??

2. Is there still Boardwalk type entertainment at the Boardwalk at night? I remember seeing various magicians, jugglers, etc in the past. But I know there's been some budget cuts yet again.

3. Im hoping my mom will also be coming with us and she would insist on her own room. What are the chances of connecting rooms? This way we have the added space when the boy goes to bed of hanging out in her room or on her balcony.

4. We stayed in a standard room for 2 nights last year at YC and were over the front of the building. It was quite a hike to get anywhere. If we book a standard view this time, will we most likely be stuck in the boonies again? Or is there hope for a better location?

5. What is the transportation like at both? When we stayed at YC it was just to go to Epcot so we walked. I know you can boat or walk to Epcot and Studios. What is transportation like to MK and AK?

Thank you all for taking the time to answer all my questions and help me make my decision!!! <3

Last edited:

1. Since the 8 year old pretty much sticks like glue to his sleep schedule no matter what (8 pm bed - 6 am awake), I have a feeling he won't be up for fireworks every night like I am lol Ive seen videos of the view you have of Illuminations from the Boardwalk, but can you also see the fireworks from the Beach Club at all??

3. Im hoping my mom will also be coming with us and she would insist on her own room. What are the chances of connecting rooms? This way we have the added space when the boy goes to bed of hanging out in her room or on her balcony.

1. I think there's the possibility of seeing some of the higher fireworks at Beach Club - same as Boardwalk. But keep in mind that Illuminations is more of a show on the lagoon, and fireworks are just a small bit of it. So it's not a fireworks show, per se. Not sure what DHS is doing these days in terms of fireworks,

3. Same as your chances anywhere else - it's unfortunately just a request. You could look at renting DVC points and getting a 1 or 2 BR DVC Villa. You may be surprised at how affordable it is - often cheaper than booking with Disney.

I agree with PPs that you can't go wrong with either location. Stormalong Bay is great but it does get crowded, since most people who stay there often choose it because of the pool. I've also seen people say they don't care for the pool because it's large and windy, so difficult to keep an eye on your kid. It's also deep at one part of the lazy river which is worrisome for parents. I don't have kids, just mentioning what I've heard. BWI will be a touch closer for walking to DHS. BUT I do prefer the dining options at Beach Club. Tough call!

Really, doesn't matter if you are at BW, BC or YC as far as views to Illuminations go. Can you see them from your room, depends on where your room is located, if it's one that faces into the resort or our to the parking lot, you aren't going to be able to see them from BC. From BW I'm not sure. All are easy enough to step outside your room to see them.

Yes, there is still BW type entertainment on the BW. Again, easy enough to get to from all three resorts.

You can request connecting rooms, you are not guaranteed to get them at any of the resorts.

Define a hike to get anywhere. YC/BC are really just one big resort. YC facing the BW would probably be closer to HS then BC facing Epcot. BC facing Epcot is going to be closer to Epcot. BW, depends on your room location since if you look at it, it looks like it is pretty much the same length as YC/BC combined. The rooms are pretty much scattered all over all the resorts as far as standard, water and garden views. You can request close to elevator or close to lobby but again it's just a request.

MK. you can bus to or you can walk through Epcot and take the monorail.
AK you bus.

I've stayed at both. They are both nice. I prefer Beach just to be even closer to Epcot, and for the pool/bars/Table Service. Boardwalk Bakery was my go to for breakfast (and a few dinners) both times. That place is amazing for food in the morning and night. But Beach Club does have a little market/QS in it. Something to keep in mind, Boardwalk does not, so you HAVE to go outside to get to the Bakery (can stink when it's raining). Depending on where you are located in both resorts, it could be a pretty equal distance to the bakery.

I dont require an Illuminations view from the room. I'd be happy watching the high fireworks from outside. :)

Are the busses shared with other resorts? For some reason, I thought BW, BC, YC, and S/D share busses to MK, AK, water parks and DS. Is this true and does it make for horribly long bus rides?? My mom is against staying Moderate because of the bus rides and prefers the close proximity of the deluxe resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter