Boardwalk Inn? Good choice for Poly lover?

cara loves the poly

DIS Veteran
We've always stayed at the Polynesian. This will be my first trip on my own with 4 teens. I thought the Boardwalk would be more fun for them. Wondering if I made a good choice...we are staying club level in a deluxe room. I've never stepped foot on the property before, any tips would be appreciated :)

We've always stayed at the Polynesian. This will be my first trip on my own with 4 teens. I thought the Boardwalk would be more fun for them. Wondering if I made a good choice...we are staying club level in a deluxe room. I've never stepped foot on the property before, any tips would be appreciated :)

We've never stayed at BWI, but have visited many times over the years and it is a beautiful resort. I have looked into BWI CL and have read nothing but great things about it, so I'm sure you'll have a great time. With that said, we prefer the MK area with the GF being our choice after the Poly, but BWI would be my choice of the Epcot resorts. Have a great trip :wizard:.

I stayed at Poly with my mom in December. Then, in March, my 19 yo DD and I stayed at BWI. Both resorts were perfect for what we wanted. With my mom, we were more laid back and relaxed. She and I enjoyed sitting on the beach and watching the water pageant and the fireworks at night. DD and I were on the go ALL THE TIME. We loved being over to pop over to Epcot to get a nice meal and then head to another park and then go back to BWI for a swim or hot tub -- then go to another park. I would think with 4 teens who might want to go off on their own occasionally, being within walking distance of Epcot and DHS will be a major bonus. We also enjoyed the evening magicians on the BW. I think you'll enjoy BWI a lot. Enjoy!

If I was going with teens, the ability to walk and take the boat to Hollywood Studios and Epcot would put boardwalk and beachclub at the top of my list for resorts! The poly monorail to MK is nice, but I'd rather spend time at DHS and Epcot.

I am first and foremost a POLY lover but BWI is awesome! I have stayed there twice - once club level. As a pp mentioned the club level there is outstanding. It blew the poly away! The ability to walk to Epcot is so wonderful! And the boardwalk atmosphere is a lot of fun. My dd21 loved it - and she didn't do the bars. She just loved the bustling busy atmosphere and the proximity to Epcot and DHS. I will have to stay away from the beloved poly for awhile due to construction and if I was lucky enough to be planning a trip, i would be seriously looking at staying at the BWi again.

I missed that you are staying in a deluxe room - they are wonderful! we had a deluxe club level on the floor below the lounge. It was a wonderful room. we requested that floor - 3rd i believe because the balconies are a little larger. Be sure to ask for a Boardwalk view. My mom and I spent alot of time soaking up the atmosphere on the balcony while the kids were out and about.

There's a great thread on here dedicated to the BWI. Lots of good info there!

Thank you for your input! I feel like it was a great choice now :) Soooooo excited!!!!!!!!!

Coming a little late to this, but we have done only Poly and Boardwalk on our trips. We loved Poly, but BWI has our hearts. Primarily for us because of hte proximity to World Showcase and the Boardwalk entertainment and food in the evenings. It is just fantastic to have all that at your "back door". DHS is a bit more of a hike, but if you miss the boat, walking will always get you there faster if you're eager to get going.

My main complaints with BWI are that getting in and out of the hotel is kind of a pain. The lobby is on the 2nd floor, really, and the Boardwalk and pathways to the parks are on the first floor. The elevators to the rooms only go to the lobby. Then you have to walk out and around to some stairs or grab a smaller elevator to get to the "ground floor".

This ties to my other frustration, that there is no quick grab food inside the hotel. At Poly, 24 hours a day we can go and fill our mugs, grab a sandwich or a snack--as night owls, this was wonderful for us. At Boardwalk, there is a souvenir shop that doubles as a grocery and snack place, but it is that long walk down and outside on the Boardwalk, and it closes at night.

But those are my only complaints. The hotel is really wonderful, and that's why were have stayed there so often. Depending on when you are going, you will definitely want to avoid Polynesian, as they are under significant construction for the new DVC additions, and the lobby will be under construction to remove the waterfall in the coming year. So it might be a perfect time to take a step away from the usual and try something new! Have a great trip!

We love the Boardwalk! It's our resort of choice.

First and foremost...LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION...you can walk or take boat to DHS and EPCOT. BC, YC, Swan & Dolphin are all in walking distance. Beach Club has Beaches and Cream home of the Kitchen Sink and a great character breakfast. There's the pizza window at Boardwalk plus the bakery plus the sweet shot plus ESPN Club and an ESPN arcade plus thee's a pick a pear stand by BC and you're nearby the Fantasia Mini Golf Course (right by Swan and Dolphin).

The pool is great and the room size and such similar to Poly. It's just so convenient to so many things..we love it. Plus in the evening you have the entertainment and such on the Boardwalk and Jelly Rolls dueling Piano Bar.

We love it. It has a nice atmosphere but totally different to the tropical feel of Poly. The lobby and such doesn't seem as busy as Poly. I do admit the bus ride to MK - especially going back after a long day - can seem long.

It's similar in the deluxe amenities, but totally different in layout and feel. But I say it's definitely worth giving a try. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter