• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue Bayou

yeaUHS

Earning My Ears
In about 24 days, im off to DLR:cool1:, me and my buds have been wanting to dine at the Blue Bayou,since were big POTC buffs:banana:. I was just wondering, how early in advance should we start our reservations, how ex*****ve is the food, and what do you guys reccomend?

Thanks!!!!

I'm not a fan of Blue Bayou myself, but...

If you know you want to dine there, I would advise you to make your Priority Seating arrangements as soon as possible - you're well within the 60 day window. Call 714-781-DINE.

As far as prices and food items go, you can find a Blue Bayou menu here: http://allearsnet.com/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm

If it were me, I'd eat at Cafe Orleans instead, but of course then you don't have the Blue Bayou ambience.

In about 24 days, im off to DLR:cool1:, me and my buds have been wanting to dine at the Blue Bayou,since were big POTC buffs:banana:. I was just wondering, how early in advance should we start our reservations, how ex*****ve is the food, and what do you guys reccomend?

Thanks!!!!

We already have our reservations for the time you'll be there. We like lunch because it's cheaper. Or at least it used to me. Haven't been since the remodel.

Blue Bayou is one of those places I think you have to try at least once. The atmosphere is wonderful. We have had some excellent meals there and some "pretty good, not great ones" as well. But we have never had a bad meal. I think if you go in, excited to be there dining inside the POTC ride you will be fine. I think its like every other restaurant, it has its fans and critics. I am a fan but wish they would not have made it so darn expensive! And from what I can tell, lunch is no longer the better deal it used to be. But I say give it a try!

And from what I can tell, lunch is no longer the better deal it used to be.

Oh no! It did use to be cheaper. Or at least we thought. We haven't been in awhile. It is hard to get into. It is one of our favorites out of WDW and DL. So I guess we're fans. My kids have always like the kids meals. But I love the atmosphere! You kind of escape from the weather and crowds and it feels peaceful to us.

We were there in Dec and had lunch, it has gotten much more expensive! The food and service were excellent. We didn't really mind the cost. As long as you realize it will be one of your pricier meals you'll be okay. We did get to take the menus home as souvenirs:banana:

Dinner is not bad, but incredibly expensive. I haven't had lunch there very recently, but based on the menu someone posted above, it's gotten wildly expensive, too. My DD loves the Monte Cristo sandwich, which they only have at lunch. They were definitely not that expensive the last time we ate there!!

It was closed when we were there last year so we are excited to try it this year! I can't wait to try the Monte Cristo and creme brulee.

I LOVE the BB! haven't been there since the kids 1st time at Disney 5 years ago! you say pricey, what is the range?? we are going with 6 kids and 4 adults and I can't wait! pirate:

I had always wanted to go there and we did last year in October. LOVED it. Great service and great food IMO. I also didn't find the prices too bad given the quality of food and size of the dishes. If you go there expecting that it is a pricey menu instead of a $5.00 hotdog, you'll love it. Very romantic.

6 kids and 4 adults will be a good penny. Don't have kids so don't know if they have a special menu but they might be able to share if there isn't. I think our dinner for 2 was about $75 or so. We would go back in a heart beat.

I think we may ahave lucked out as I only booked the week before we went. didn't have a cool view of the POTC ride tho.

If you are planning on going for lunch, make your reservation for 11:30, that is the first seating. You will almost automatically get a waterside table (unless you're late or a really large party arrives before you). Get there 10-15 minutes early and you should be good!

I made a reservation for 5:30 and I am going to plan on going about an hour early and see if we can get a water front table for 10 not sure if they can sit that many together, but its worth the try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter