Blue Badge parking permit - Osceola County no longer doing this in advance

mikki.young

Knows Dreams do come true!
Not sure how many people this will effect but the brilliant service from Osceola County was stopped with effect from last month. The best they offer now is to make an appointment at their main office otherwise you just have to wait in their long lines. Bit of a shock when I got their auto reply today. It was so nice going to California last year when you could just use the Blue badge everywhere. Hopefully Disney / Universal will still accept the Blue Badge!

Last year I forgot to take my blue badge and disney and universal still allowed me to park in the disabled area - I just explained at the parking areas - I am in a wheelchair and just pointed to the chair in the boot. So I am a sure that on site they will be fine with the blue badge.

A word of warning though for anyone going to Italy (0r anywhere really) - This summer my DH and I came back to see our hire car just about to be towed away. We were in a disabled bay and had the badge up but what we did not realise is that these bay have appointed owners ours had come back and phone the police when he found us in it. Luckily as we arrived back with my DH pushing me in the chair we explained to the police officer (via a phone translated by mu Italian Sis in law) that in the UK the disabled bay are for any disabled person and that we were really sorry The policeman calmed the bay owner man down and persuaded him to let us off . So check the local laws before just parking in a disabled bay.

Not sure how many people this will effect but the brilliant service from Osceola County was stopped with effect from last month. The best they offer now is to make an appointment at their main office otherwise you just have to wait in their long lines. Bit of a shock when I got their auto reply today. It was so nice going to California last year when you could just use the Blue badge everywhere. Hopefully Disney / Universal will still accept the Blue Badge!

thanks for posting this!
just last week i was looking for this information and couldn't find anything..
this is the first time we'll be there with a foreign blue badge rather than american..

i'm really upset about this...who has time to go into their office when they're on holiday????

i'm guessing that on property the blue badge will suffice, but probably not off property..

We've always used our blue badge at Disney parks and Universal without any problems. On one of the first trips we made we were advised to hang it from the mirror so we just attach some string. We've also used it at Walmart and never had a problem.

We've always used our blue badge at Disney parks and Universal without any problems. On one of the first trips we made we were advised to hang it from the mirror so we just attach some string. We've also used it at Walmart and never had a problem.

Same here, we just tie it to the rear view mirror with a lanyard and we've never had a problem at Disney or Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter