BLT Oversold and we got bumped :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just adding more of nothing to this legend...

http://www.****************/forums/showthread.php?p=464585

There is a person with the same handle at *********** who posted:
Hi - looking at BCV (64 pts) or BLT stnd view (76 pts) from March 14-18 for a Studio. Can you let me know if you have this available and also may be interested in adding 1 night (arriving March 13). Definitely interested in hearing from you - email is ************* Thanks!

If I were to guess, the friend probably put off making the reservation too long, or had not enough points for that particular resort, and in the end booked the only thing they could get and then let Disney/DVC take the fall, rather than be truthful!

:thumbsup2 those are my thoughts too.

I have to admit that I keep peeking in at this thread whenever it rises to the top. I've been a little skeptical since the first page. Had it been the actual member who reported this, it would be one thing. But this was reported by someone whose friend booked the reservation.

Maybe I'm a cynic, but my first thought was that the friend either forgot to book early enough to get into BLT or didn't have enough points, and it was easier to tell his family/friends, "you'll never believe what Disney did" than it was to fess up.

As similar stories haven’t been posted by other members, I’m not going to fret over my upcoming BLT reservations.

In any case, I hope the OP had a wonderful vacation. ”Having” to stay at SSR doesn’t sound all that awful to me, as it’s my favorite resort. But I can understand the disappointment in thinking you were going to be staying at BLT, and then finding out about a last-minute change.

Since the OP's vacation is long over and he/she hasn't posted for two months, there doesn't seem to be much value in keeping this thread alive. For those who may not know, this rental was not done through the DIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter