Blizzard Beach vs. Typhoon Lagoon vs. Volcano Bay

PeterP

Earning My Ears
Anyone been to all three? If so, could you state which you'd choose if you could attend only one during a trip to Orlando, and briefly explain why?

Thank you.

Have only done Disney ... thoughts ...
- Where will you be staying?
- Do you have a full day to go?
- Consider differences in parking and access.
- I would look at photos of slides etc.

Of Disney, if you like slides and fun, Blizzard Beach;
if you like chill, laid back and wave pool, Typhoon Lagoon.
If you have kids, toddlers especially, Blizzard Beach.

Volcano Bay is the newest,nicest one but the one you're most likely to not be able to ride as much due to the virtual queue system which can be kind of a mess.If its an ugly rainy day,later in the day after many have gone home or just plain slow it'll be all right.Its new so its gonna be busy,in a year or two the lines will ease off.

As far as the other water parks in the area I have Typhoon Lagoon at the top partly due to how nice the landscaping is with so many trees and it has some good slides like the water coaster.

In second place I'm easily putting Aquatica at Sea World over Blizzard Beach,it has the Roas Rapids fast lazy river,double wave pools and some good slides in a colorful New Zealand theme.When I was younger I liked Blizzard Beach a lot,and I still do like it but when compared to the others I'm putting it in last place.

I hated Aquatica. I liked Volcano Bay a lot. But I would not do Volcano Bay unless you are staying at Cabana Bay hotel, to give you early access. Otherwise the tapu tapu system of riding the rides is a big mess. I think if you want to play it safe go with Typhoon Lagoon. You will probably have a good time there no matter what and no messy ride queue system like at Volcano Bay.

We did all 3 of those in one week this summer. Both kids and I agree that Typhoon Lagoon was our favorite. We loved the wave pool there, the overall vibe, Crush'n Gusher, and the new family raft one that I can't remember the name of.

We liked Volcano Bay a lot, but it was swamped and crazy and the TapuTapu wristband system sucked. It was beautiful and we had fun but we still preferred Typhoon Lagoon.

Blizzard Beach was our third favorite - we loved the Lazy River but otherwise we were sort of eh about it.

Volcano Bay has the best, most thrilling water slides, but it could be crowded.
Typhoon Lagoon is the best park for a fun, relaxing, family day with lots of fun slides and pools (it's a shame they shut down the snorkel reef!)

I've been to all three (just visited Volcano Bay today!) and Volcano Bay wins hands down. It has so many more slides and the Tapu system was awesome. We arrived at 3 pm today, got in the virtual line for Krakatoa (it was 105 minutes when we tapped) and then did 9 slides using "ride now" while waiting for Krakatoa. It was awesome. The park closed at 7 pm and in that last hour it was easy to get on some of the bigger slides. We are going back tomorrow to ride some of our favorites again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter