• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bizarre Meal at Flying Fish

That's the craziest dining experience I think I've read about! :upsidedow

Thanks for the replies! I'm glad to hear that someone else had Bradlee before. While it was fun for us, I'm sure it represents a 'expense' to FF, so I felt sorry for them. It was an experience I had to share. We look back on each trip to WDW and remember all types of special experiences. It's what makes us want to return time and again. While we will always remember FF, jist as we always remember the special meals at V&A and the California Grill and all the countries...

I would have preferred Bradlee to my waitress at the Flying Fish on 1/2. She was brand-new and had no clue how to pronounce "Gewürztraminer". I don't enjoy sweet wines and I didn't want the suggested pairing for my dish which was the Gewürztraminer. She said: "What kind of wine do you like?" Gee ... I like a big chewy Zin, but that might stomp all over my Ahi. I ended up with a Sauvignon Blanc which worked well with the dates and the figs. She was very scatter-brained and didn't know the menu. She had to bring her mentor over for just about every single question. We were on the dining plan and we had the DDE card for our drinks. She automatically gave herself an 18% tip on the drinks. I caught my DH adding another tip without looking. I wonder how many people miss it when they tip themselves :sad2:.

An amusing story, but I think to name a waiter on the DISboards and state he was drinking on the job or "off his meds" is pretty over the top in itself--are you trying to get him fired?

I thought it was pretty funny, but she did mention that she brought his behavior up to the manager. Personally I think that the unique experience would end up being a highlight of my trip, had it happened to us. We always look for something "different" as being a defining moment, because they are the stories that you remember and end up retelling to friends for years!
Thank you for the giggles :)

Signed Daisy14's DH

Maybe he was trying to bring over some humor from WCC. Weird for sure but sounds like alot of fun!!! We love FF and may have to ask for him.

Bradlee has some short term memory loss there :rotfl: what a character.

I would have preferred Bradlee to my waitress at the Flying Fish on 1/2. She was brand-new and had no clue how to pronounce "Gewürztraminer". I don't enjoy sweet wines and I didn't want the suggested pairing for my dish which was the Gewürztraminer. She said: "What kind of wine do you like?" Gee ... I like a big chewy Zin, but that might stomp all over my Ahi. I ended up with a Sauvignon Blanc which worked well with the dates and the figs. She was very scatter-brained and didn't know the menu. She had to bring her mentor over for just about every single question. We were on the dining plan and we had the DDE card for our drinks. She automatically gave herself an 18% tip on the drinks. I caught my DH adding another tip without looking. I wonder how many people miss it when they tip themselves :sad2:.

You wouldn't happen to remember her name? We will be there next week, and that's probably not enough time for her to learn how to pronounce Gewurztraminer!!! or to have figured out the menu. Thanks for the reminder to check the tipping. We'll also be using the DDE. I can't believe she added 18% tip on the drinks!!!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good server at FF?

This is indeed a strange experience - I didn't want to laugh but I just had to.

Thanks for sharing! :)

That's one of the funniest dining experiences I have ever heard of! Although had it been happening to me I think I might have been a bit more upset then reading about it. What was up with him? And to think no one else complained about him? And no other staff found his behavior toward the diners odd to say the least? Especially with all that kissing and hugging at the end!

I'll never eat at FF without thinking of this now!

Hilarious and well told story. I hope he does not have a genuine medical problem he is unaware of..

Honestly I don't think I could have sat through the entire meal. FH would have been livid by the third time repeating desserts and I would have seriously freaked out if he kissed me.

That man's going to get the wrong couple of people someday and lose his job... :sad1:

You wouldn't happen to remember her name? We will be there next week, and that's probably not enough time for her to learn how to pronounce Gewurztraminer!!! or to have figured out the menu. Thanks for the reminder to check the tipping. We'll also be using the DDE. I can't believe she added 18% tip on the drinks!!!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good server at FF?

I think that the tip is added automatically if you have both DDP and DDE- it was when we had that last September. It was added each time we used DDP and DDE at the same time at many different restauarants as we were there 11 days.

I'm giggling out of control over here. Wow... what a visit! That sounds like a lot of free wine! You def had a meal to remember. (making notes to look for Bradlee if I am in need of a wine fix!)

What a nutter that guy was! Glad your meal was a nice one!

I think that the tip is added automatically if you have both DDP and DDE- it was when we had that last September. It was added each time we used DDP and DDE at the same time at many different restauarants as we were there 11 days.
We always used our DDE card for drinks whenever we ate at a TS restaurant. Sometimes the 18% was added and sometimes it wasn't. There was no rhyme or reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter