Big family planning headaches

Polishnavy

Earning My Ears
We are trying to do the impossible! Take 6 adults and 6 kids (aged 2-10) and all survive. This is a rather last minute trip due to my brother's custody arrangements and we are going in February. On to my questions:
1) We will need 3 rooms. If I book all three of them using my PIN code, can we put different credit cards onto each room for charging once we get there?
2) Also assuming that I am making the reservations in my name, how does that work with Fastpass+ ?
3) Do we all need to link MDE's? If so, how?

Thanks in advance... if anyone can help, it's Dis'ers!

You'll only put one room in your name as the lead guest, and put the other two rooms in the name of the adults staying in them. Then have the CM on the phone link the ressies together as a Travel With group so you will be put near one another.

I assume each lead guest will have their own MDE account. Send a friends and family invite from MDE to each other to link the accounts so you can do FP and dining ressies together. Remember to allow photo sharing when you accept the invites if you are going to share one Memory Maker.

Have a great trip!

We often travel in a large group of 11 and even when staying all together in a Grand Villa are able to have families have separate charging privileges. My sister in law and I have linked MDE accounts that allow either one of us to make reservations or change reservations, we can do it for everyone or for smaller groups. I don't remember how we linked the accounts, I know we did it online and an email was sent to the other party. But if you cannot figure it out just call and they can do it over the phone. Have fun planning. Large group travel planning is a bit of a task :)

We're in the same place as you, only it's 3 adults taking 9 kids, for the last week in January! lol
I booked the 3 rooms at ASMo putting myself, mom and sister each on a room and dividing up the kids evenly. There will be no issue adding different credit cards to the 3 rooms at check in.
Since it was decided that I would be the main travel planner, all 3 reservations are on my MDE account. I've been swapping around FP+ and ADRs with no issues.

I took a 5 adults and 10 kids and I'd suggest you call to talk to a rep to ensure you're rooms are close by and for table service ADRs.

Be VERY AWARE that due to your party size you will have to pay 18% gratuity NOT INCLUDED on any dining plan for table service meals! We bring Disney gift cards just for this purpose!

Fast passes aren't an issue if you use My Disney Experience just make sure you know who is riding on which rides so you don't get FP for everyone when only 4 are riding.

We went with 8 adults, 3 kids, and a free child in 2010. My parents were able to have that on each room we had a different card for charging to the room ( which we did not do). We were able to pay for the meals we had together using 5 cards (I had an aunt sharing with my sister) and just had to say this is for the following people, or I am just paying for myself. We all dinned together at CRT and Biergarten along with a couple of counter service meals-ok we ate at the same time at tables near each other.
Plan for everyone to go to the same park unless you have hoppers but don't insist that everyone spend the entire time together especially since there are going to be attractions at least the 2 year old will not be able to go on. Ones my 2 year old enjoyed MK: Pooh, Small World, Tea Cups, Carosole, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Aladdin. EP: Nemo, Figmont, Crush. AK: Boneyard, Kilomangro Studios: Little Mermaid Show. All parks: watching fountains.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter