"Big announcement" on new year's rockin' eve?

sandymandr

DIS Veteran
Just got an email from Disney Destinations. Here is what it says.....I hope it is a huge discount promo! I will be watching!popcorn::

Big announcement on Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest!
Here's something else to look forward to! Tune in to Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest, December 31, 2011, starting at 8 p.m. EST / 7 p.m. CST on ABC and watch for a very exciting Disney Parks announcement for you to enjoy in 2012.

I doubt it will be a promo announcement. My guess is it will be something related to the Fantasyland Expansion.

Come on... someone has to have some insider info ;)
I am thinking the Fantasyland thign too...
Or maybe a new theme?? Dont they switch those every year, or is it every other???

Loved the GAD promotion and the Fast Pass option we used. That was awesome - and spoiled us on our first trip not having to wait in lines!
Hope it's something like that.

I've heard rumors about 2012 being the "Year of More Magic" because it's a leap year. Maybe it has something to do with that?

I've heard rumors about 2012 being the "Year of More Magic" because it's a leap year. Maybe it has something to do with that?

That sounds fun. I didn't love the memories one this year. We didn't "get" anything for the Million one but the idea was so fun.

A lot of the audience watching Dick Clark's NYE are not Disney vacationers or know nothing about Disney. Because of that, it would be smart of them to announce a promotion to maybe get attention from people who wouldn't normally consider a Disney vacation. No one else in my family vacations to Disney so if the announcement was regarding Fantasyland, they would have no idea what that even meant. Same goes for DVC at GF - I can guarantee they don't know what GF is or DVC. Plus DVC at GF would make for a lame national announcement anyway I think. I think it would have to be something to gain the attention of the general public - not just Disney goers.

Couple rumors I have heard about this is Magic Kingdom staying open for 24 hours on Feb 28/29.

Also I have heard rumors of a new fastpass system called "Xpass" that will start out being only available for deluxe resort guest and will allow them to plan out there whole day with fastpasses. I for one would not enjoy a day all mapped out for me. I like to bounce around and do what ever I feel like. You can read aout it on both of these sites.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/walt_disney_world_resort.htm

http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...cting-to-have-a-very-merry-xpass-in-2012.aspx

My guess is anything purposely "announced" as ads during New Year's Rockin' Eve has got to be marketing for something folks on the DIS already know, or would expect to hear. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter