Bibbidi-Bobbidi-BOO and a few Disney Dresses too!~ A Sept ’13 TR

And then we realized that we were in our FP+ window of 2:55-3:55. It was time to meet Rapunzel and a visiting princess at Princess Fairytale Hall!

We were taken in through a separate door which lead us right into the princesses. We had maybe a 30 second wait!

Rapunzel was the first princess that we met and I was surprised that there was not a PP photographer with her. She was the main attraction, wasn’t she?

I loved Rapunzel’s reaction, she was just a little surprised to see her twin!

Comparing braids… (I made Isla’s by the way!)

Rapunzel was super sweet and Isla was on cloud nine!

The “visiting princess” was Aurora… and she did have a PP photographer. Now that didn’t make much sense to me! But anyway….

After we had left Princess Fairytale Hall, I noticed a PP photographer as we were walking past the Cinderella fountain. I thought that would be a nice spot to get a few pics of Bronwyn since we weren’t able to meet Tiana. (That's already on my must-do for next trip!)

And then I had to save the frog from going for a swim.

By now we were all pretty hot, tired and hungry, so we decided to head back to the hotel to pick up a late lunch at Captain Cooks and to finish up all of our leftovers that we had acquired over the trip. We made our way to the front of the park and caught some of the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade along Main Street on our way out.

As we walked through the gates, I could feel the tears welling up. How could our trip be coming to an end already? I had planned for this trip for SO long and now here it was, almost over! :sad1:

At least we'd have so many magical memories that we will never forget!

We “talked” to Mickey Mouse, flew to Neverland, met our favorite princesses, soared over California, pressed pennies, saw Tinkerbelle fly, found trolls in Norway, defeated evil villains, discovered our future, swam with Nemo, searched for Dinosaurs, danced with Prince Charming, safari’d through an African savanna, were transformed into princesses, drove a race car, feasted like kings, had a sword fight with pirates, Trick or Treated, rode down a Volcano, lead a parade with Belle AND Lilo, traded pins & Vinylmations, went to Infinitey & beyond, walked miles & miles throughout the “World”, rode a monorail, watched fireworks, posed for pictures (…. many, many pictures!) and countless more magical memories! We wished upon a star…. and our wishes had come true!!

We then boarded the monorail for the last time of our trip.

Goodbye Cinderella Castle.

Goodbye Magic Kingdom

It was really hitting hard that we were leaving.

Goodbye Tokelau

We boarded our “Un”Magical Express and headed to MCO.

Our travels back home were pretty uneventful. Our 8pm flight back to Newark took off right on time. I had Donovan and Jorie in my row with me, who both fell asleep. Joe had Isla and Bronwyn with him, who were both awake the whole flight. Bwahahaha! The whole luggage situation was a PIA so we ended up using a porter which was WELL worth the $20 tip, especially since the one we used at Newark pushed our bags across what felt like the whole airport and showed us where to pick up our hotel shuttle. We waited for what seemed like forever… doesn’t everything seem to take longer when you’re exhausted? – for our shuttle to arrive. Finally it did and we boarded followed by a bunch of flight attendants and a pilot. Isla, who was still wide awake (yup, it was almost midnight) and still wearing her Rapunzel dress, chatted with and became “best friends” with a couple of the flight attendants. It was pretty cute!

We finally arrived at our hotel. Because of the whole pack n play fiasco that happened at this hotel the night before our trip started, we didn’t even bother asking for one this time. We changed all of the kids into their PJs and they were all asleep in minutes. Jorie & Isla slept in the double bed. We put the two chairs together for Donovan to sleep in, and I layed Brownyn down in the stroller. Hey whatever works, right?

I’m pretty sure we all slept in to 10am! I woke up to Jorie asking me "Mom, why is Bronwyn sleeping on the floor?" I looked down and yup, there she was, face-down on the dirty hotel room floor. I guess I never strapped her into the stroller, whoops! Hahaha And it was at that moment that I realized that the magic had ended… we were back in reality.

As our magical vacation comes to an end… so does this trip report. I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for being here. I truly feel blessed. I’ve been blown away by all of the kind words that you all have expressed along the way. And even if you didn't comment (I know you lurkers are out there) thank you for following along. It means SO much!! It’s been so exciting to be able to share our wonderful memories with all of you!

Needless to say, we were overwhelmed with the magic of WDW and we CAN NOT WAIT to go back!!! I’ve been busy, busy, busy planning our November trip, so keep an eye out for a PTR. I hope that you all will join me. I think that it will be fun to share what we’ll be doing and of course what we’ll be wearing. I’ll be sure to post a link here when I get that started. See ya real soon!!!

Our autograph mat:

Looks like I need to buy a frame for this too!

Our pressed penny collection:

What a lovely end to your trip, with one last trip to MK!
Loved the silhouettes they are really clever
Isla's braid is so good and the photos of her and Rapunzal are so sweet!
Poor Bronwyn to end up laying on the floor!
Can't wait to read all about your next trip! :)

Love the Silhouettes! That's something I've always wanted to do with my kids but have never wanted to take the time. Your last day seemed relaxing and it was nice you had a chance to do a few things like this before getting on that dreadful bus. I made a bunch of those long yarn braids like Isla's for Alexa's Rapunzel birthday party last year. They are harder than they look to make because the yarn keep getting tangled. I love how you did a double wide braid. Very cute!

It's so sad when a trip is over!:sad1: But you had a wonderful trip and I enjoyed reading all about it! Hopefully you come back to write one on your next trip.

What a wonderful ending to your trip! I love the silhouettes, they are just beautiful. I am glad your family had such a wonderful Disney Vacation!!

BTW, I love the photo of you saving the frog from the water. That is a classic "mommy pose". LOL

What a great end to the trip! The MK time not the luggage fiasco ;)

The Rapunzel dress is too cute with the little Pascal on it, so adorable.

I loved your trip report and I'm looking forward to reading the next!

I've been a total lurker to this trip but I thought I would comment. Looks like you all had a wonderful trip and getting to go to Magic Kingdom on your last day seems wonderful. I always take early flights the day we leave so park time is never an option.

I loved your kids outfits they were amazing. I just got the ok from my brother that I can take my niece for her first trip in January! I'm completely stoked and already writing notes about what I want to do to make it so magical with her. And after seeing all your outfits now I'm looking for adorable outfits for her trip.

Thanks for sharing your families trip can't wait to hear about the next one.

Aw! I have a silhouette from Disney of me when I was 15. :) Haha! My mom has it hanging in my old bedroom. I'd forgotten all about it, but now it's on my "must do" list for our trip for DD. So precious.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us! I've absolutely loved it.

Oh dear, sorry about all the check out issues with the bags and such. 1pm does seem a little early to close though.

WOW WOW WOW, such beautiful Silhouette Portraits. What grandparent wouldn't love that?

Mmmmmmm Brew AND Cinnamon Roll... a prefect combo.

Not to go off on a rant, but honestly there should NEVER be a situation where a Meet and Greet (particularly one that has FP) is without a PP photographer. I don't get that at all.

Seriously, why do trips have to end???? I've never heard a good reason for that yet.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful and magical trip Rachel. It's been a joy to follow along.

I have enjoyed reading your trip report! I am also I mom of 4 and I have been making notes for our own September 2014 trip! Can't wait to read your PTR/TR for your November trip!

Oh my goodness. I normally just read these and don't comment but I had to on this one. Thank you for proving me entertainment during a very slow day in the office. Such an awesome trip report, thank you for taking the time to share it!!!! You have made me so excited for the future, I hope one day when I have a family of my own I can take a trip just like this. With matching outfits of course!!! Have a great time in November :)

Hello!! I just read your entire TR and it was great from beginning to end!! Your kids are adorable and WOW are you talented!! I loved all the outfits you planned. I especially loved your Crush necklace you wore to Coral Reef! :thumbsup2

Looks like our trips overlap a little next go-around. We get in on the 10th of November, so right as you are starting the second half of your trip! So exciting!!

I have truly loved reading your TR! Thanks for sharing!

Glad you had such a magical first trip to WDW and I am looking forward to reading your next TR.

Very much enjoyed reading about your trip. Your 4 children are darling.
The Fairy costumes from Sleeping Beauty for MNSSHP will forever be my favorite, I'm sure of it!

Cried with you at the end.:coffee:

Wow did I ever fall behind!!!

GREAT updates!! I'll have to see what I can remember!! Narcoose's is definitely somewhere that I want to try, I just either need to be on the dining plan or have enough cash, bahaha!!

Sanna looks just downright delicious, it's definitely somewhere that I NEED to try in the near future! It's something that's right up my alley!

Love the little fairy and princess dresses the girls have! And glad you had some awesome character meets that day too!!

The shots of the girls on Main Street are super adorable, complete princess poses and everything!! :)

Thank you so much for sharing your stories with us! I had a blast reading along and your family is just super adorable! I can't wait to read more!! And if you're headed back in Nov I'll get a chance to meet ya'll!! :banana::banana: I'll definitely be out at working by that point so here's hoping we can arrange something!!

Rachel, I have truly enjoyed every moment of this wonderful TR! I can't wait to follow along on your family's next Disney adventure!!!!

Hi! I just read your entire trip report and it got me so excited for our trip coming up in June! I almost died over the girls dresses. I'm sure you've been asked this, but do you make them or did you buy them? They're perfect! Once I have kids I am totally planning their outfits around our WDW/DLR plans! Way too cute and so worth it.

Anyways, thank you for the great read! Hope to see a PTR for your November trip! How exciting! :lovestruc

Hi! I started reading this TR after reading your most recent! Love your TR's and the outfits!

I had the same little boom box!!!

I left off with us finishing our Bibbidi-Bobbidi-morning with the princesses, so let’s continue with our MK morning and see what kind of magic we find, shall we?

….and a word of warning. My trip notes end right about HERE. Whomp, whomp, whomp. I had been meaning to update them but never got around to it. So for the rest of the TR, I’ll be going by pics (and thankfully I took a ton) and my memories.

We left the castle and started heading over to New Fantasyland… and on our way we spotted some pretty fun people, The Royal Majesty Makers…. so we stopped to see what they were up to.

Lady Llewellyn and her squire, Tobias are looking for a hero of Fantasyland…. someone who would be able to remove the sword from the stone. They went in search of a big, strong man from the crowd…. And who did they choose? JOE’S DAD!!

And you can see that Bronwyn was getting right in on the action, lol.

PUUUUUULLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Umm.... I don’t think it moved.

Next they picked a young boy who was able to pull the sword up from the stone. He was declared the “Hero of Fantasyland” Such a cute little show that we caught and were able to be a part of.

Besides ETwB & BOG, we had yet to really check out New Fantasyland. I was super excited for the first place we were heading! Prince Eric’s Castle

We parked our strollers and got in the standby line for Under the Sea- Journey of the Little Mermaid. The queue was amazing… but I hardly had time to take any pics. Our wait time was basically the amount of time that it took to walk through. We totally missed a ton of the awesome details and the interactive crab game… but that’s fine with me. The shorter the wait time, meant the sooner we would be riding the ride!

I have always been a huge Little Mermaid fanatic… it was one of the first Disney movies that I remember seeing in the theatre. I also had the soundtrack on a cassette tape that I used to play ALL the time in my little pink boom box. :lmao:

and here is a visual for you all.... (1989 was such a great year! lol)

Such great memories associated with the movie.

And I love that my girls are big fans now too! So needless to say, we were all very excited for this ride!

We all got into our clamshells, and off we went.

A funny little background story... The year that we dressed up like the characters from The Little Mermaid for Halloween... Donovan was insisting that he wanted to be the "Blue Lobster"... we were like huh? Well he ended up being Sebastian, but it was too funny when we passed this guy on the ride! Joe pointed out the "Blue Lobster" and we all started cracking up!

My favorite villain! Disney did a great job with her in this ride. She looked SO real... well I guess, as real as an animated character can look.

I loved that the ride followed right along with the storyline of the movie. My only complaint was that it was over way too soon, lol. I was enjoying it so much that I wished it was longer! Everyone else along for the ride gave it two thumbs up too.

next

I also love this trip report! After reading this, I doubled the number of ADRs I had originally planned :hyper:

The dresses on the girls are so adorable. I've looked around on Etsy, and I definitely could NOT afford that many unique outfits. Time to find some sewing patterns!:laundy:

My Buzz & Woody Toms. They took a looong time to paint, but I love how they turned out! :love:

These are GREAT!!!!! You did an amazing job!!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter