Bibbidi-Bobbidi-BOO and a few Disney Dresses too!~ A Sept ’13 TR

Ooh lots of smiles to start. That's a good sign. :thumbsup2

Aww the PP photos in front of the castle. These are photos you will look back on so fondly Rachel.

Haha, well despite your faux pas, you got something a lot of others didn't get in a Haunted Mansion CM walking her dog. You can ride Pooh later, but you can't always guarantee to see an invisible dog.

Looks like the Tinkerbell meet was a big success. You got a lot of nice candid photos. Looks like the girls had a ball. Actually it looks like they would have had a ball even without the characters, lol

Nothing like Splash in the early morning. Love it.

Rachel, I'm sorry I've gotten so far behind. I have been reading along, I promise!

Great outfits as usual, they are so darn cute! What beautiful pictures on Main Street. Love them.

I am sad that they're moving Tink too, we love meeting her friends. Terrence was one of our favorites.

I'm dying looking at the Terrence pics though, Jorie's all "oh hey fairy guy, I'll be over here riding this tea cup." I was cracking up.

Awesome Splash pictures too, you're a good sport to ride!

No worries!! I totally feel like that too! I'm hoping to eventually catch up on everyone's TR. I can usually sneak in a few minutes here & there to read an update but I usually don't get a chance to comment. :guilty:

At first I was bummed that it was Terence who we were meeting and not one of the girls, but actually he was a lot of fun to meet! Haha, oh yeah Jorie was all about the "lost things" and could have cared less if there was a fairy there to meet or not. :rotfl: I didn't get a pic of it but over on Tink's side she was carrying around the big crayon.

Yeah I LOVED Splash... except for the drop. :scared1: I hate that feeling in my stomach. It's probably a good thing that I didn't get to ride TOT! haha (but I really want to see all of the stuff before the drops.)

Aw, I'm so sad you are close to wrapping up! I think yours is the first TR I started consistently posting in, and I have just loved following along. :hug:

Anyway, I literally LOL'd at your Splash photo close-up! I love the big drops, myself!

Oh thank you!! That means so much! :lovestruc I feel so blessed to have you and so many others following along. It's been truly magical!

Ahya, I hate big drops... if you couldn't tell from the photo! LOL :eek: But I know that they are over quick, so it doesn't stop me from riding anything.:thumbsup2

Ooh lots of smiles to start. That's a good sign. :thumbsup2

Aww the PP photos in front of the castle. These are photos you will look back on so fondly Rachel.

Haha, well despite your faux pas, you got something a lot of others didn't get in a Haunted Mansion CM walking her dog. You can ride Pooh later, but you can't always guarantee to see an invisible dog.

Looks like the Tinkerbell meet was a big success. You got a lot of nice candid photos. Looks like the girls had a ball. Actually it looks like they would have had a ball even without the characters, lol

Nothing like Splash in the early morning. Love it.

Smiles in the morning are definitely a good sign!! I don't know if I would have been able to handle any grumpy princesses (or prince) on our last day.

Those PP pics in front of the castle are some of my favs from the trip! :thumbsup2

You're right! Getting to see that HM CM walking her dog was pretty awesome! :hmghost:

OMG, the girls had a blast in the Fairy M&G. Yup, fairies or no fairies they would have had a great time! haha Donovan, of course was too cool to meet the fairies. haha

Splash is perfection!! Yes, even with the big drop!

Last update I had left off with us having a “hare-raising” adventure with Br’er Rabbit and his friends….

So now it was time for our next adventure and this one involved some water as well! We headed over to Adventureland in search of…

The Jungle Cruise!

It had been closed down for a month+ long refurbishment, but luckily for us, it had just reopened two days before. Whoo hoo! Our FP+ was good from 10:40-11:40.

But before we got in the FP line, we made a call to cancel our noon lunch ADR for The Wave. We had all decided that we would rather grab a quick lunch and be able to have the some extra time in the park. :thumbsup2

“Adventurers and adventurettes, horseplay is not allowed while waiting to board the world-famous Jungle Cruise. If you want to play with your horse, you'll have to do it elsewhere. We do, however, allow you to monkey around in line just as long as you don't go bananas.”

We loaded onto the boat and grabbed some seats right up near the front.

The Captain asked “How many of you are on the Jungle Cruise for the first time?” My kids raised their hands. “Good! So am I.” he says. And then we set off… “Everyone turn around and wave good-bye to the folks back on the dock... They may never see you again.” Oh boy, what were we in for? haha

Bronwyn was SUPER excited about seeing all of the animals.

“Oooooooh!!!!” Her reactions were the cutest thing!

“The backside of Water”

“Make sure you have all personal belongings with you... cameras, purses, small children... anything left on board will be thrown screaming to the crocodiles.”

Ahhhh! I just loved it!! I am such a sucker for corny jokes. I was literally laughing out loud the whole time. Definitely a fun ride!
What are some of your favorite Jungle Cruise lines?

Isla & Bronwyn cooled off in the Totem misters...

...and then we had one more stop that we wanted to make before our dreaded check-out time.

continued in next post

We had been taking our photo mat along with us to all of our character dining meals but that morning, I had noticed that it was still missing one very important autograph. Minnie! (Yes, I later noticed that it was also missing Snow White’s and Belle’s but that’s another story…) So we headed over to Storybook Circus in search of Minnie. Remember waaaay back to the first day of our trip when "talking" Mickey had told us that's where we'd find her?

First up was Daisy!

Daisy was SO sweet! And the girls were amazed by her crystal ball.

Then we moved over to the next area to meet...

Minnie Magnifique!!!

It doesn't really show in the photos but boy did her dress sparkle!!

Minnie asking the girls to twirl.

Dancing with Minnie

Yay! Success! Our autograph mat was complete!

I know that was an insane amount of pics, but it was such an amazing M&G! Minnie was fabulous and spent so much time with the girls.

Then it was time to head back to the Poly. So we then made our way to the front gates.

Jorie was feeling pretty sleepy and not wanting to get out of the stroller but I did manage to convince her to do a magic shot since she was dressed like Tinkerbell.

*spoiler alert* This is the last pic of Jorie that you’re going to see since she spent the rest of the afternoon asleep in the stroller.

We hopped on the resort monorail.

Oh how I was going to miss those monorail rides….

We went back to our room, changed our clothes, packed up the rest of our things and then headed to the GCH to check out. Yay for late check-out… we were able to enjoy a full morning in the park.

Oh wait, hold on! We’re not done yet!

Next… our last hurrah in the MK before we have to head home.

Where did you get the BBB letter? Is that delivered to your hotel for a BBB or did you make that yourself? I need one!!! OMG! I love it!

Where did you get the BBB letter? Is that delivered to your hotel for a BBB or did you make that yourself? I need one!!! OMG! I love it!

I made it myself. :thumbsup2 I had ordered a single print-your-own type Cinderella invitation from Ebay and then used my home printer to print out what I wanted it to say. I googled Cinderella's autograph to get an idea of what it looked like and then I did my best to copy it. The girls were convinced that Cinderella delivered it to our hotel room!

I feel a little weird asking, but is Bronwyn's Aurora dress an MKD?

I loved reading your trip report, and loved how you coordinated the dresses for the girls.

I feel a little weird asking, but is Bronwyn's Aurora dress an MKD?

I loved reading your trip report, and loved how you coordinated the dresses for the girls.

It sure is!! princess: It's hard to tell from the photos but the fabric has a sparkle to it.

Thanks so much! It was a lot of fun coordinating their outfits. Definitely one of my favorite parts of planing the trip. :wizard:

I made it myself. :thumbsup2 I had ordered a single print-your-own type Cinderella invitation from Ebay and then used my home printer to print out what I wanted it to say. I googled Cinderella's autograph to get an idea of what it looked like and then I did my best to copy it. The girls were convinced that Cinderella delivered it to our hotel room!

TKS! It's super cute I loved it!

I am thinking of doing the same, but I didn't know if BBB delivered something like that to your hotel or if you made it yourself...

Love reading your TR...and I LOVED the pics of the "fairies" with Aurora and Phillip!!! Soo creative and talented to make that!!!

As much as I adore the Jungle Cruise, I wish I could do it again for the first time. But then again I laugh at every single joke every single time so it probably doesn't really matter.

Oh thank goodness you didn't miss Minnie. She really does a great meet and greet, and well, is the real Disney princess. princess:

Bronwyn ooohing over the animals in the Jungle Cruise is just the cutest!! I love the corny jokes too. As long as you have a great skipper with good delivery of the lines, they can still make me laugh! It's only when the skipper is a dud who just recites the lines that it's not as fun.

I LOVE the girls meeting with Daisy & Minnie! It seems like the girls loved it as well. So cute that Minnie got them to twirl with her. princess: And I'm so glad you convinced Jorie to do the magic shot with Tink because it's extremely adorable!

Late check out seems like it definitely worked to y'alls advantage! And yay, I don't have to say goodbye to this TR yet!! :woohoo:

This might have been asked before so forgive me if it has but where in the world did you find all the girls' dresses?! Ugh I'm so in love and I can't find anything near as cute when I looked on Etsy. We did tshirts on our big family trip this month but are planning another one next September with just DH, the three kiddos and myself so I thought the different outfits would be cute this time! And I'm totally bummed that your trip report is coming to an end!!

So glad I am not the only person who takes a picture of the back of water..the "captain" wouldnt let it go kept teasing me the whole time that I actually took the picture :)

TKS! It's super cute I loved it!

I am thinking of doing the same, but I didn't know if BBB delivered something like that to your hotel or if you made it yourself...

Love reading your TR...and I LOVED the pics of the "fairies" with Aurora and Phillip!!! Soo creative and talented to make that!!!

Aww thanks BellsFam! :lovestruc

As much as I adore the Jungle Cruise, I wish I could do it again for the first time. But then again I laugh at every single joke every single time so it probably doesn't really matter.

Oh thank goodness you didn't miss Minnie. She really does a great meet and greet, and well, is the real Disney princess. princess:

I'm sure that I will laugh at every joke when I ride the Jungle Cruise again too! (Who wouldn't?!) :rotfl:

Aww, Minnie was SO sweet! She really IS the real Disney princess! ::MinnieMo

Bronwyn ooohing over the animals in the Jungle Cruise is just the cutest!! I love the corny jokes too. As long as you have a great skipper with good delivery of the lines, they can still make me laugh! It's only when the skipper is a dud who just recites the lines that it's not as fun.

I LOVE the girls meeting with Daisy & Minnie! It seems like the girls loved it as well. So cute that Minnie got them to twirl with her. princess: And I'm so glad you convinced Jorie to do the magic shot with Tink because it's extremely adorable!

Late check out seems like it definitely worked to y'alls advantage! And yay, I don't have to say goodbye to this TR yet!! :woohoo:

I loved Bronwyn's reactions on the Jungle Cruise. I'm sure she thought all of those animals were real and was like, Wow we're getting awfully close to all of these dangerous animals! haha :lmao:

Oh no!! Well I hope that we never get a dud captain! I just loved the Jungle Cruise and I'd be so disappointed if we did.

I just LOVED our Daisy and Minnie M&G! They were definitely two of the sweetest characters in the park!

Poor Jorie, she was so sleepy and had definitely hit her wall... and there I was wanting her to get up and take a PP pic! :tink:

Yup one more update to go and it should be coming up soon!! (Not that you'll have time to read it right away... since you'll be AT WDW!!!! Whoo hoo!!! SO excited for you!)

This might have been asked before so forgive me if it has but where in the world did you find all the girls' dresses?! Ugh I'm so in love and I can't find anything near as cute when I looked on Etsy. We did tshirts on our big family trip this month but are planning another one next September with just DH, the three kiddos and myself so I thought the different outfits would be cute this time! And I'm totally bummed that your trip report is coming to an end!!

I bought most of my customs through Disney friends of mine. Besides Etsy, there are a ton of designers and resell sites on Facebook that you could try.

I love when families coordinate their clothes, whether they are in plain t-shirts or over-the-top dresses... it makes the whole trip so much more fun!

I'm bummed that this trip report is coming to an end too! :thumbsup2

So glad I am not the only person who takes a picture of the back of water..the "captain" wouldnt let it go kept teasing me the whole time that I actually took the picture :)

Yup, I totally took a photo of the back of water!! :lmao: That's pretty funny! I'm glad our captain didn't see me do it then!

When I left off, it was 1PM and we were just checking out of the Polynesian. Our Magical Express wasn’t due to pick us up until 5. Sooooo that meant that we still had time for more Disney fun. Yeah! Our plan was to head right back to MK! :cool1:

But first we headed to the Bell Services desk to get everything settled with our luggage. We asked them to hold all of our carry-ons and …..and then we learned that we had to be present when they were picking up our checked bags from our room… well we had just checked out of our room! Whoops! Another lesson learned!- Call Bell Services from your room when you want them to come pick up your bags. This whole fancy hotel thing was all new to us! haha
Anyway, they said not to worry about it and that they would head right over and pick them up for us. Thank goodness! After about a 10 minute wait, a golf cart was pulling up out front of the hotel lobby with our suitcases. They were all pretty packed FULL! so we asked about checking the weight on them and that when we learned that scales were in the now closed Resort Airline Check-in. Yeah, soooo remember the night before when I had quickly glanced over the DME info? Well I failed to note that Airline check-in is only open from 5am til 1pm! So now we would be stuck carting around ALL of our bags until we got to the airport. Another Lesson learned!! It’s a good idea to actually READ your DME departure info.

So after our two mix-ups for the day, well three if you count the EMH “rope-drop” incident that morning, we crossed our fingers that the rest of the day would run smoothly.
We hopped on the resort monorail and headed back to MK. On our way, I used the MDE app to change our last FP+ to a later time. And this was about the time that Jorie fell asleep in the stroller and did not wake up for the rest of the afternoon.

Once in the park, I wanted to check out something that I had had my eye on all week. We veered off Main Street when we spotted this cart.

I first read about this in Fantasyland Mom ‘s TR, and I thought it would make the perfect gift for the grandparents. Well, back on the first day of our trip when we were in MK, what does my mom point out that she loves? These Silhouette Portraits! How perfect is that?! So I knew we definitely had to try and fit it in and I wanted it to be a surprise. So now was our absolute last chance! And luckily, the artist was there with no wait.

We asked her if she’d be able to do them if the kids were asleep in the stroller and she said that would be no problem. Actually it was probably easier for her! Then we asked how long each would take and she said only a few minutes. Perfect! And boy was she right. She started with Jorie first and I walked away to take a few pics along Main Street, and when I came back, she was already finished and starting on Bronwyn’s! I couldn’t believe how quick she was! (And I missed taking a pic of her doing Jorie…. Urg!)

We told the CM before she started that we’d like 3 of each child. She was able to do all 3 at one time which was a huge time-saver. We opted not to get the frames, only because I wasn’t sure how much room we had left in our luggage. But looking back, I should have since I STILL have not bought frames for ours! Joe and I gave the other two copies to our Moms for Christmas and boy were they impressed and surprised! They both REALLY seemed to love them!

And the finished product:

Donovan ~ Jorie ~ Isla ~ Bronwyn

Aren’t they amazing?! The artist did such an awesome job! Now I really need to go out and find some frames for them so I can display them!

Since we had some time before our FP+, I checked on Tiana’s meet & greet schedule. Unfortunately she wouldn’t be out again until 4:45 so it looked like we wouldn’t be able to meet her. Bummer!

So we decided to head to New Fantasyland.

It was the middle of the afternoon and look how empty!

I had one thing on my mind… okay maybe two things, but both are sweet… Any guesses?

A big ‘ol Cinnamon Roll!

Look how huge it is! Mmmm…. and it was pretty darn good!

And some LeFou’s Brew!

With so many mixed reviews, LeFou’s Brew seems to be another one where you either love it or hate it. Personally, I LOVED it! It was so sweet and refreshing.

I gave Donovan my camera to capture a pic of our first sip.

Of course then he didn’t want to give it back!

It looks like from this pic that we had made a Starbucks stop at some point too!

Joe had gone in to get the snacks while I grabbed the table, so I can’t say how the inside of the Tavern was, but I sure was in love with the Gaston & LeFrou Statue Fountain. We didn’t see Gaston around so he must have been off hunting or somewhere eating his 5 dozen eggs.

Donovan and Isla each took a try at pulling the sword out of the stone.

continued in next post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter