Beware of Room Charging

Why, if you use room charging would you charge more than with a credit card? Which every way you still pay.

For some reason I find it easier to track charges on my amex (via my iphone). I never turn on the resort tv but always have my phone on me. I'd like to pay for the room and be done with it, with the exception of room service.

Just wanted to update. We disputed the charge which the hotel fought and after several months I received a credit on my card. Also, the TV account access is how I discovered the fraudulent charge. I think that it is better just to avoid using room charging.

We don't have cc is this going to be a problem if we don't plan on charging..I am canadian and using my debit visa will add on exchange fees so just plan on using cash.

No CC need. If you want room charging you can put down cash for your limit.

Couple questions on this

1. We are only going to be at RPR one night. I assume that we would not be able to have room charging privileges for our second day, correct? Because we would officially be checked out.
2. What does everyone find is the best way to carry around your room key/credit card/ID - whatever. I would like to stay away from the fanny pack this trip if at all possible.

It drives my wife nuts...but I never put my card on my room for those exact reasons....other reasons include, without fail we always ALWAYS spend more when you can charge it to your room. folks forget certain things they charge during the day. Especially with older kids now that go off on their own. I dont want to have to constantly go to the front desk and get a daily tally....Cash is king on our trips

On our last trip i put the card on the room for the first 3 days. I asked my wife after 3 days to give me what she thought the bill would be so far on the room for those days....she said it would be about $250....When I went to the front desk it was north of $500, and when we went through the list of charges all you could hear was 'oh yeah, i forgot about that one", or "oops, thats right".....needless to say, dad was happy he finally was able to make one point in 20 years!!! ;)

I buy gift cards in advance based on my estimated total cost for room, food, etc

At check in, I put all those cards applied to my bill

If I go under, they settle with me at check out

I buy gift cards in advance based on my estimated total cost for room, food, etc

At check in, I put all those cards applied to my bill

If I go under, they settle with me at check out

I would love to do this but where to do buy the gift cards?

I buy my gc on the UO website
I choose different pictures on the cards and gear the pics for specific categories

Shriek for room, parry hotter for souvies, minions for food

But l use different character for the estimated amount I put down when I check into the hotel

I believe (at least here in FL) Walmart sells universal GC's.

I've heard of someone having a problem at WDW with a meal tip. They paid for the meal by charging to the room but they left a cash tip for the waitress. The waitress took the cash tip and added a charged tip to the room charge. Sounds like they didn't have a problem getting the charge removed but I wonder how often that might happen?

I've never had a room charging issue at UO or WDW.

It's really convient to leave CC's and passport locked up in the safe and only have to carry one card. Even more convenient to wear a Magic Band. Always worked flawlessly for us, I don't find the spending habbits any different, and have a hard time vacationing somewhere where this isn't an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter