• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Western DTD

Cinderellafifi

<font color=CC66CC>Remembers people walking around
Mousesavers recently began offering a fantastic deal for the Best Western located in Downtown Disney - too good a deal to pass up, so we booked it. Now, my last stay at this resort was this past New Year's and I thought the customer service left a lot to be desired at that time.

I originally booked an upgraded King premium room (sleeper sofa) with continental breakfast and two tickets to Pleasure Island for $89 per night. After booking online, I was sent an email directly from the hotel offering me to extend my stay by adding a day for $59; I took advantage of that by arriving a day early.

Upon arrival, the hotel honored the $59 for the entire stay, so that was a nice way to start off. :teeth: The room was very nice and the view was that of the Lake Buena Vista area from the 7th floor. The King bed was very comfortable and we slept well this entire trip. The bathroom had a vanity on the outside which was good because the actual bathroom was quite small, and having two small children means no privacy at all anyway, so the extra vanity area was good for taking care of them.

The first night we were accomodated quickly with our request for the linens on the sofa bed to be brought up. The second night, our request for extra blankets went ignored, but the third night I remedied that by actually going to the front desk and telling them I needed the blankets "now."

The continental breakfast only consists of a bagel OR toast - that's it. Small juice OR coffee to go with it. But for $2.98, you can upgrade to the full buffett, which we did each day. The breakfast was very good. The food in the restaurant was good for the most part at dinner, too.

The Pleasure Island tickets were a nice touch because my sister offered to babysit one night. :thumbsup2

Overall, we had a better stay this time than the last - and, frankly, you cannot beat the rate we paid, either. I would stay there again for sure.

Hope this helps those considering a stay!

Thank you so much! We booked that Mousesavers $89 special King upgrade, PI tickets and breakfast for December for our 1st anniversary. I'm so glad to hear it was a nice room. With the horror stories I've been reading about the rooms I was worried. Now I can put that fear to rest. I greatly appreciate this. :teeth:

Thanks for the great review. I'm going to move this to the reviews board so everyone can share it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter