Best way to make ADRs

bluecastle

DIS Veteran
I am a WDW veteran who always made my ADRs on my computer. My trip is not until November, so I know that the calendar on MDE under check dining availability does not show anything beyond 60 days from now. FYI, all my reservations and tickets are linked.
My questions:
1. When my 60 day date occurs, will the calendar in MDE automatically show 10 extra days?
2. Which is better to do at 6 am, Check Dining Availability in MDE, or Things To Do, Make reservations, on Disney website on my computer?
The only ADR that I am trying to get that will be difficult is Topolino’s Breakfast on our last day.
Any advice appreciated!!

Have both lurking and ready to go shortly before 6:00 a.m. ET if you can.

We learned some years prior that either the app or the website on DH's desktop could refuse to work suddenly. Being able quickly to switch to the other has literally saved our bacon (buffet breakfast ressie variety :P).

Once your day 60 window opens, you will be able to make ADRs for the first 10 days of your stay in a Disney-owned resort. I'm not sure anything particular shows. We've just been too frantic trying to plug in what we want when. You will be able, say, if arriving on Sunday for a weeklong stay, to book through Saturday and on your Sunday departure day which would be Day 8.

Within those first 10 days, shoot to the end of your stay and try for the hot ADRs first thing. Many go Day 1, Day 2, etc. Going backwards may get you Topolino's breakfast more easily, you can hope.

We also have gotten some plummy ADRs by going on first thing Saturday and Sunday mornings when most sane people are sleeping late.

Good 🍀 luck. We had none getting that one but did snag dinner on our last night by trying every so often while at WDW.

I'm sure this has been answered in other threads, but: We are in Central Time Zone and will be making our ADR's this Fri. morn July 1, on our 60 + 10 day. I know that ADR's usually open at 5:00am Central, but do they ever open earlier than that? I want to try being online at 4:30 am Central and booking through MDE using my 2 desktop computers. Thanks for any and all advice!

I'm sure this has been answered in other threads, but: We are in Central Time Zone and will be making our ADR's this Fri. morn July 1, on our 60 + 10 day. I know that ADR's usually open at 5:00am Central, but do they ever open earlier than that? I want to try being online at 4:30 am Central and booking through MDE using my 2 desktop computers. Thanks for any and all advice!
I was online today....signed on 30 minutes earlier and kept hitting the search button for the restaurants/times that we wanted. But times released at exactly 6am.
Maybe others have had a different experience. ...but that was today's experience.
I did have a couple tabs open for the specific ADRs I wanted to book so was ready (i.e. one per ADR that were hard to get).

Note: I had also pre-entered my credit card info but it didn't seem to come up anywhere. However, I also had the number written to a notepad so I could easily copy and paste to save time.

Good luck.

I was online today....signed on 30 minutes earlier and kept hitting the search button for the restaurants/times that we wanted. But times released at exactly 6am.
Maybe others have had a different experience. ...but that was today's experience.
I did have a couple tabs open for the specific ADRs I wanted to book so was ready (i.e. one per ADR that were hard to get).

Note: I had also pre-entered my credit card info but it didn't seem to come up anywhere. However, I also had the number written to a notepad so I could easily copy and paste to save time.

Good luck.
Great info and Advice! Thanks

From my recent experience...

1. Your 10 days become "clickable" on the MDE calendar at midnight Eastern. So when the reservations drop, you can have the day you want to start with ready.

2. My app was much faster than the computer. On the computer, you have to click through a couple pages to make the reservation and that process is streamlined on the app. YMMV

From my recent experience...

1. Your 10 days become "clickable" on the MDE calendar at midnight Eastern. So when the reservations drop, you can have the day you want to start with ready.

2. My app was much faster than the computer. On the computer, you have to click through a couple pages to make the reservation and that process is streamlined on the app. YMMV
Thanks!

I have my app ready on my phone, my husbands phone and also have my desktop ready, ie chrome search then have multiple tabs open for each one I want, and I go down the list

Attachments

• 5F13EFD5-68C2-4761-8FD0-0610D90C0438.jpeg
    5F13EFD5-68C2-4761-8FD0-0610D90C0438.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter