Best way to find a roomate? (AoA)

Aurora.M

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm staying at AoA from 11 to 17 this december. Problem is: I'm a solo traveler on a student budget and a room is freaking expensive (I already booked it anyway).
Has anyone ever shared a room with stranger(s)? What is the best way to find a roomate?

Like I said, I'm a solo traveler: I am not against sharing meals and experience with a fellow Disney fan, but I like my independance so it is strictly financial to me and I won't spend much time in the room anyway (I'll be in the parks from opening to closing!) so if people like to hang out in the resort they'll have the room :).

Hi! I'm staying at AoA from 11 to 17 this december. Problem is: I'm a solo traveler on a student budget and a room is freaking expensive (I already booked it anyway).
Has anyone ever shared a room with stranger(s)? What is the best way to find a roomate?

Like I said, I'm a solo traveler: I am not against sharing meals and experience with a fellow Disney fan, but I like my independance so it is strictly financial to me and I won't spend much time in the room anyway (I'll be in the parks from opening to closing!) so if people like to hang out in the resort they'll have the room :).

I have never done it; I am not trusting enough to share a room with a stranger from the internet. You could try the solo traveler part of the dis: http://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-for-adults-and-solo-travelers.54/

I would rather try to find other ways to cut costs than share with someone you don't know - There are some crazy people out there! Are you booked under a discount? Can you move to another resort to cut costs - Pop or All Star? AOA standard (not suites) hardly discounts, if ever. Cut your food budget - eat breakfast in your room and pack a lunch so you can just have 1 meal a day in park. Also, try googling Disney Agency exclusives for specific agent discounts. I can't give the name as it is against the board rules.

Last edited:
Yes, I always cut on my food budget with packed homemade sandwiches except for maybe 1 big meal. I have compared the All Star, Pop and AoA resorts but in the end it was barely a 150$ difference and AoA was really my first choice so I jumped anyway XD. But thanks for the advice, I'll check with some Agencies :).

Have you considered a tent at the campground instead? This would save a lot more money, and you could probably find a few other tent campers that would rent the site with you, and you would each have your own tent (as long as you brought it with you).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter