• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Walt Disney World Advice Requested

This may sound like bad advice but, if you see something you really like and want to buy it, then buy it when you see it. On a 10 day trip over the 4th of July, I saw a patriotic coffee cup I really liked but didn't buy it the first couple times I saw it. They were everywhere. By the 5th of July, they had completely disappeared. I ended up buying it on ebay after I got back home.

Take some time to enjoy the Fort. It is not just a hotel....

1) Ain't that the truth !!!!!
2) One cannot predict not expect the activities and enjoyment when staying at The Fort.
3) We know folks who camp there and DO NOT even visit a park!
4) Staying at The Fort, is more than a Disney Vacation.

Not sure if you have kids or their ages but remember to try to see it through their eyes too. Maybe that hour long line to get an autograph with your kid is more for YOU than your kid. Maybe let them get the Popsicle instead of the Mickey bar (but I need your pic in front of the castle with one!). I went so commando our first trip. Blowups and meltdowns everywhere including myself. I had that "we spend this much we are doing everything!" mentality. My DD just wanted to go swimming and I couldn't believe we flew to FL and bought these expensive park tickets just so she could go in a big pool. One day it clicked when I saw the smile on her face splashing around in the pool with no lines, no asphalt, no over stimulation. Biggest smile she had the whole trip and I finally said...."this is all she wanted to do but you didn't listen to her you listened to what you thought she should be doing." Now pool time is a must for our trips. We used to try to get her in a nap when she was younger (10yo now) but just decompressing in a pool and being a kid makes all the difference. Not to mention the waterslide at the the Fort is pretty cool.

So I guess what I'm bumbling to say at almost 4a on my third shift is...just listen to your kids. So what if they want to play on a playscape for 1/2 hr that isn't even as cool as the one you have back home. They're happy and that's what its about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter