best time shares to look at

stephaniebatesjones

DIS VETERAN Remember, where ever you go there
We would like to look at 1 or 2 time shares while we are in floridda on our next trip. Does anyone know of any good ones to look at, and if so where do we go to sign up.

thanks

steph

Disney Vacation Club of course!

You may be interested in Mariott (sp?) or Fairfield - just be prepared for the hard sell. No hard sell w/DVC.

I guess to be fair you should look at a few - my BIL belongs to Westgate, but obviously DVC is #1 & first class all the way. :D

Definitely look at DVC.

Another vote for DVC. Of course, we never looked at anything else, but we couldnt' be happier with our choice.

We looked at many Timeshare before we bought at DVC.
Marriott and Hilton are okay, Westage is very very VERY hard sell, Vistana is hard sell too.
Make sure you get paid to visit. the Timeshares...You can sign up at the booths on #192. Just for comparison look at DVC...there is a difference. We found that Marriott and Hilton cost more and gave IMHO less.

Another vote for DVC. Stay away from Westgate!!!! They are way too hard a sell!!!!! They will keep you there for way too long offering you this and that and get really hateful if you forcefully say a fim no. Good Luck!!!!

We did presentations at Orange Lakes and received breakfast and $40 (low key-little pressure), Fairfield and received theme park tickets (Islands of Adventure) (mod. pressure), and Wyndham Palms and received $80 and breakfast (very high pressure). We were staying at Orange Lakes and booked it from a phone call to our unit. The FF, we booked off the internet. Wyndham Palms we booked from one of the many little stands on the road. Debby

It took me two years to convince my husband but it was so worth it! We bought at the Hilton Head Island resort and there was absolutely no pressure. We had been working with our guide (Jim McCoy - he's great) for all that time. He never ever once put pressure on us to hurry up with a decision. When we stayed at Hilton Head in 2001, we received $100 in food vouchers for taking the tour (we had planned on taking it anyway so we didn't need prodding). I'm not sure if you get any freebies when you take the tour on-site.

Again, we are very happy with our purchase and if you have any specific questions about the DVC, don't hesitate to ask either here or at the DVC forum. Bunch of great people over there just like on all these forums!

It seems to be more flexible than others and it keeps bringing us back to our favorite place more often than we might otherwise be able to.

Using points and having the choice of using them how you want seems so much better than being locked into a week and having to trade if you want to try a different week.

I tell everyone about DVC!:D

Do you receive anything if you take their tour? Thinking of taking this next visit.

Generally, DVC does not give gifts for taking the tour. Occationally people have gotten dinner out of it, and very rarely, someone gets the offer of a hotel room in exchange for the tour via postcard (I think there has been a single report of this over on the DVC board).

If you are looking to BUY, look into DVC - although it is expensive, it holds its value well, and is the only timeshare where you will get to stay on-site regularly (if that is important to you). If you are looking to get stuff, other timeshares will be a better investment in your time - but practice saying no! If you are looking to buy offsite, buy resale - you will save a ton of money.

We own DVC and love it. Our friends own Hilton Grand Vacation Club, so we checked it out in June. HGVC makes a big deal about using your points at any Hilton or Hilton Brand hotel, so they have tons of places to stay. They are building a new resort not too far from WDW near the Premium Outlets. Their points are about 20 points to one DVC point. We got a cheap rate at the Doubletree for three nights, plus two adult tickets for 5 nights at Sea World.

When we bought our DVC we got a tote bag and a pen after we signed on the dotted line.

Help! :confused: I'm trying to find out how to look at timeshares in the Myrtle Beach, SC area and don't know where to start. Does anyone know who I could contact to check them out? I know you are usually approached by them once you are there visiting, but I'd like to plan my stay at one before we leave...

Thanks for any help! :D

Definitely check out DVC. We bought at Boardwalk several years ago, and have not regretted it for a single second! No hard sell, and the program is very flexible and easy to understand. You should definitely check it out.

You guys are the best. Thanks so much for the advice. Please keep it coming, the trip is in 1 week.

steph

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter