Best stroller model to rent for older kid (6 year old)

abie

Mouseketeer
I think I want to rent a stroller for our upcoming vacation week for our 6 year old. She is about 43 lbs and right at 48 height. I have been looking at Kingdom Strollers.

They have 3 models that say up to 48 height. Any opinions on which we would likely be most happy with?

Mini GT Single
Bob Revolution Single
Summit X3 Single

I thought I should better clarify our usage. She walks well. We would mainly keep our stuff on it and let her ride when we need to make long treks across the park or when she's tired.

We rented the City Mini GT double the last time that we went with a 4 year old and a 7 year old. The 7 year old was just over 48 inches and he was fine in it. The City Mini has an easier fold that the BOB. I have no experience with the summit model.

I'd say the best stroller for a kid that age would be a Disney stroller. Not the cheapest, but the best.

After 8 annual trips bringing our stroller for our 2 kids, we decided to try no stroller at all for our August 2016 trip. That lasted about half-a-day. We rented a double for the length of stay, and I'd wished I'd done that sooner. It was so nice to not have to manage the stroller in our room and on the boats, buses, and monorails. You pick up the stroller when you enter the park, and drop it off when you're done as your leaving.

The Disney strollers are also super-easy to push. We had a bit over 100 pounds in there when they both wanted to ride, and I could push it with one finger.

I would not recommend the Disney strollers - you can't leave the parks with them and that is the primary need for a stroller for an older child. We rented one for my middle son when he was about 6 or 7 from Kingdom Strollers. I can't remember, but it was either City Mini or Bob. We were staying at BLT and he rode the stroller going to the parks - at which time we parked it - and then he was on foot all day, but had the stroller to ride back to the resort that night. This saved us from having to carry him all the way back to BLT from MK. We'd done that the previous year and learned well from that experience.

I think I want to rent a stroller for our upcoming vacation week for our 6 year old. She is about 43 lbs and right at 48 height. I have been looking at Kingdom Strollers.

They have 3 models that say up to 48 height. Any opinions on which we would likely be most happy with?

Mini GT Single
Bob Revolution Single
Summit X3 Single

Hi,
I have a city mini stroller GT and my 6 year old can still fit in it. He is about 52 inches and 60 lbs. It would work for times when a rest was needed. The last time we went to Disney we rented a double version of it and it worked out great. He was probably about 50 inches and little under 60 lbs at the time. We had a 2 year old who was around 30-33 lbs on the other side and it was still pretty easy to push around.

I would not recommend the Disney strollers - you can't leave the parks with them and that is the primary need for a stroller for an older child. We rented one for my middle son when he was about 6 or 7 from Kingdom Strollers. I can't remember, but it was either City Mini or Bob. We were staying at BLT and he rode the stroller going to the parks - at which time we parked it - and then he was on foot all day, but had the stroller to ride back to the resort that night. This saved us from having to carry him all the way back to BLT from MK. We'd done that the previous year and learned well from that experience.
I agree that you need a stroller if you're regularly walking from BLT to the MK, but that's a special case.

We used to do that a lot. But when we've stayed at the Poly and BCVs, the primary use for strollers was *in park* and our kids were fine without them at the resort and elsewhere.

And walking around the parks in August is much different than walking around during cooler months, so that makes a difference too.

As I said, I've done it both ways, and I'll stand by my recommendation for just doing in-park Disney strollers for older kids.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter