• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Stateroom with Toddler?

princessbride6205

DIS Veteran
We've never been on a cruise as a family, so I have no idea what stateroom to book. I think I've convinced DH to let me put down the deposit, so now I need your advice. :thumbsup2 I'm looking at the more economical choices of Cat 9, 10 or 11 - but could be persuaded to a veranda (booking space permitting) if that option is infinitely better with a toddler. DD will be almost 3.5 yrs, ideally still taking an afternoon nap. :confused3 I know if we were childless folks we wouldn't be spending any time in the room, but with a little one, will we be spending a good amount of time in the stateroom? Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

We've never been on a cruise as a family, so I have no idea what stateroom to book. I think I've convinced DH to let me put down the deposit, so now I need your advice. :thumbsup2 I'm looking at the more economical choices of Cat 9, 10 or 11 - but could be persuaded to a veranda (booking space permitting) if that option is infinitely better with a toddler. DD will be almost 3.5 yrs, ideally still taking an afternoon nap. :confused3 I know if we were childless folks we wouldn't be spending any time in the room, but with a little one, will we be spending a good amount of time in the stateroom? Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

The category 11 is a standard room without the split bath design. The category 9 or 10 are going to be the same size with the split bathroom, but just arranged a little differently. Category 9 and 10 will be on decks 1 or 2 and category 11 would be on deck 5 or 6.

We just got off the Wonder in June with 3 kids (see ages below) and really any room would suit you just fine.

We did a cat 9 with a toddler and it worked fine. The only downside is that the TV is on the side of the divided with the sofa bed so you can't really watch TV while they'e sleeping, but I think that is true for all the rooms.

I have done Cat 12 twice now with a 3 and then 4 year old. The cat 11 and 12 have the same layout, but different stateroom location.

The cat 12 was perfectly fine with a toddler. There is not really as much of a need for the split bath with a smaller child.

Any room would be great!

Thanks for everyone's input! I've looked at all photos and room layouts I could find, too. I'm glad they all have the curtain divider at least, but agree it would be nice if there was a TV on the bedroom side. So I've narrowed it down to cat 10 or 11. I'll have to get DH's input on his preference. :thumbsup2

One more question. I'm noticing in photos that the sofa is at the far end of the room, with the bed in the middle of the room.
http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/photos/stateroom-inside2.jpg
But in Disney's stateroom layouts, it shows the bed area at the far end, with sofa in the middle. I'd prefer the bed area to be in the middle. Is this something I can request? Does that depend on whether I get a sideways room?
Sorry to be a pest! :upsidedow

One more question. I'm noticing in photos that the sofa is at the far end of the room, with the bed in the middle of the room.
http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/photos/stateroom-inside2.jpg
But in Disney's stateroom layouts, it shows the bed area at the far end, with sofa in the middle. I'd prefer the bed area to be in the middle. Is this something I can request? Does that depend on whether I get a sideways room?
Sorry to be a pest! :upsidedow

No you cannot request this. It depends which category you book, but in both the category 10 and 11 the bed is at the end of the room and the sofa is in the middle. Category 9 and above it is the other way around.

I missed the sideways part. The room doesn't look anything like this if it is a sideways room. I also don't think you get the divider, but I may be wrong.

We just went on the cruise with our daughter (20 months).

We had a Cat 11 and that worked out really good because it was dark in there for naps and sleeping in. We even used a pack-and-play in that room with three adults and it worked just fine.

I think the inside room helped us, and I would recommend it to anyone with a toddler. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter