Best room #s for PBH club level

Erikarate

married her prince
Hey everyone-

I'm very excited as my husband decided to switch from HRH delux to PBH concierge (club) room.

We're first-timers at PBH and were wondering which room would be best for club level. Ideally I think we'd prefer to be close to the main elevators.

Also, were is the lounge located, i.e. what floor? Are there rooms on the same floor as the lounge?

I have had a hard time finding info about PBH concierge (club) services, any links or info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

club lounge is on the lobby level and the rooms are on the 5th and 6th floors. I have heard nice remaks about 2672 with a view of the viila pool. Although it is far from everything. There are some posts in regard to this-check back a few pages.

I'm staying in 2561 which is beach pool view. I requested a balcony but couldn't get it. Our beach pool view is right in the middle of the pool on the 5th floor. Close to spa elevator and not too far from lobby elevator.
It is kind of nice sitting in the club lounge on the computer with the kids shooting pool and no one else in here!

Motherfletcher-

What is the lounge like?

What are the food offerings?

I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews...

Just got home:(

The club lounge is large and on the 3rd floor which is the same floor as the lobby. The club rooms are on the 5th and 6th floors. I was talking to a club employee who said they didn't want people to come to the club in their pajamas. And they have had problems with people leaving their kids in the club to act as babysitters. It was funny because she had heard of our stay a year ago when my son cleaned out the mini-bar. We had a good laugh. She encouraged us to take food back to the room. My kids got me a Krusty the Clown TV tray for Father's Day and we loaded it up a few times.
Breakfast- They open at 6:30 for coffee (I'm an early bird) and 7 for the full continental breakfast with bagels, crousants(sp), muffins, danish. They had little jars of jelly and honey, cream cheese and butter. Fruit - melons, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, bananas. Cereals - all kinds in the little boxes.
Drinks- coffee, soda, bottled water ( with the Portofino logo). By 7:30 this place was hopping but still had places/tables to sit. We loaded up with sodas and water to take to the park.
10 AM Smoothies and granola bars. I tried a smoothy and it wasn't to my liking. The kids liked the chocolate chip granola bars and took pocket fulls back to the room. At 10 the club was dead. The take away the breakfast offerings that they set up on the pool table (reminded me of the fancy eating room from the Beverly Hillbillies). There was usually 5 or 6 kids that would hog the pool table until 5. The regular tables have drawers with checkers and chess pieces. You remove the table top to find the checker board.
3 PM they had a tray of Italian pastries. A group of ladies got busy with that but the kids didn't get too excited. It was kind of hard to eat them without forks. They were good but only one small tray.
At 5 they break out the booze. Bottled beer and wine were real popular. This is the busiest time in the club lounge. The food is sliced meat, cheese, mushrooms, steamed veggies and crackers. I wasn't too thrilled and my kids couldn't find anything that they would eat.
At 9 they break out the cookies and milk. Good cookies! And ice cold milk. One night they ran out in seconds and the next no one showed up.
The club offers DVDs you can borrow and watch in your room. We watched 50 First Dates, Ace Ventura, and Underdog.
I think timing is important at the club lounge. If you get there late you could miss out.

Motherfletcher - do they keep putting out food during breakfast?...that is, replace the fruit, rolls, etc, if they run out?

that's disappointing to hear that the lounge is so far from the rooms.....it makes it much less convenient...

Antonia-
You have to use your room key card to enter the club lounge. On your key is your age or A for adult. They were pretty loose in the club. Could your kid bring you a beer to your table? I think so. Could a kid take it to the room? I think they would say something.

Disneyholic-
They replace items as they run out. One 9 o'clock cookie offering ran out and they replaced it a few times until they ran out. I talked to club staff the next day and they said that was rare.

Motherfletcher-

Thanks for your reply...

It sounds nice, but not quite as good as Animal Kingdom Lodge concierge. Have you ever stayed there...I'm wondering if it's comparable. We have stayed at AKL concierge and LOVED it.

I've stayed at AKL on a father/daughter outing and loved it, but not at club level. To tell the truth I have never been able to justify the additional expense of the club. I stayed PBH Club because I got it for APH rates and one night free. What is it an extra $70/day or more? I can feed my kids snacks and sodas for a lot less. A larger party might see a savings. I think the lounge being on the same floor might be better too.

I have stayed at the AKL concierge level twice in the past and agree that it is wonderful. I am booked for four days at PBR club level and I am worried that my family has been spoiled by the AKL. There was constantly food out and it was always replaced. You could actually eat dinner there at night because of the great selection of food that was offered. And don't get me started on the warm oatmeal every morning for breakfast.
I have been reading a lot about the PBR club level and from the reports, I am beginning to question whether it is worth the extra cost. I certainly don't want to get there and find out that the tray of pastries they put out is the only one.

They replace the offerings regularly. There is not constant food out. They have drinks out all day. The 5 o'clock food is not a substitute for dinner. My kids are pretty picky and they couldn't find anything but the crackers to put on their plate. Then they didn't eat them.
Breakfast 7-10 and they pick up.
Snack 10 - is granola bars that they leave out.
3 Italian desserts. Not out too long
5 beer and wine. Sliced meat like pepperoni and cheese, cold steamed veggies with dips, sliced mushrooms and crackers.
9 cookies and milk.
Breakfast is the best offering and nothing is warm. The fruit is excellent.

I have not been to the new PB Conci, but I have been to the RP Conci and AKL Conci. The AKL wins hands down if only for the wonderful coffee machine, but the RP made us feel so welcomed and even got special spring water for my son, when they saw him looking for it. The rest of the week they made sure to have some for him since he liked it so much. It was not a very busy time. They were just wonderful.

Well, thanks for your replies..

It does not sound as good as AKL(as far as the food), but I am glad I know this ahead of time, therefore I have realistic expectations. I'm sure however, I will still feel spoiled, and look forward to having a nice place to relax at the end of a day at the parks...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter