• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Best RCI resorts near Universal

JerseyDevils

Mouseketeer
Hi there....My family is looking to do our first Universal/Sea World trip in 2012. I am starting the planning nice and early so that we can be sure to find the best resort that we can. However, i have no knowlege of the Universal area, we have only ever stayed on disney property. We will be booking our week through RCI. So i need some help. What are the best RCI resorts near Universal? Thank you.

Hi there....My family is looking to do our first Universal/Sea World trip in 2012. I am starting the planning nice and early so that we can be sure to find the best resort that we can. However, i have no knowlege of the Universal area, we have only ever stayed on disney property. We will be booking our week through RCI. So i need some help. What are the best RCI resorts near Universal? Thank you.
My parents are in RCI and they've stayed at at resort not far from SeaWorld. I think it was the Hilton Grand Village or something like that...it was very nice. It's about 5 minutes from SeaWorld and about 10 minutes from Universal.

Check the RCI book and see what's available.

The Hilton Grand Vacation Club at SeaWorld is very nice. I think that is the one that Metro is referring.

I am also an RCI member & tried to get into Hilton Grand Vacation. It is right across from SeaWorld (they say you can walk to it) & Universal is about 5-10 minutes.

This resort was not available for the dates we needed this year so I booked with Sheraton Vistana. I have done a lot of research on this property as well & so far I am pleased. It is about 5-10 min to SeaWorld & about 15 min to Universal.

I will be posting stuff to my trip report when we get back in May.

Thank you. I will check both of these out. They sound nice and close and with the kiddies i just want to be sure that we have a nice short drive to the parks.

We've stayed at the Vistana. It is closest to Disney. If you are willing to stay there, there are many other RCI resorts in the general vicinity.

I was wondering the same question and spent the last hour researching. Hands down the closest resort is: Orlando International Resort Club (#0552)
5353 Del Verde Way
Orlando, FL 32819

You don't even have to take a bus if you don't want to. (Although you can, for a 7 minute ride.)

It is a gold crown resort.

DVC Member since 2002

Renee Z

I was wondering the same question and spent the last hour researching. Hands down the closest resort is: Orlando International Resort Club (#0552)
5353 Del Verde Way
Orlando, FL 32819

You don't even have to take a bus if you don't want to. (Although you can, for a 7 minute ride.)

It is a gold crown resort.

DVC Member since 2002

Renee Z

Not a nice walk. You'd want to take some kind of transportation from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter