Best Rate Program w/ AP voucher???

CAJUNWDWFAN

Do or Do Not, There is No Try!
Ok, here is a new question for you all.

My dad was browsing another Disney message board and came across a post reguarding using an AP voucher to secure a reservations with the Best Rate Program. According to the post the person mentioned that if you use an AP voucher to book a best rate that the AP would then become activated. Does anyone know if this is true??? Does the AP become active if you use it to book the best rate program??

From all I've read here, I don't think this is possible. I was under the impression that an AP voucher could only be activated at Disney.

Let me know if anyone finds out the 411 on this.

My understanding is that the voucher is not activated when it is used to book the AP Best Rate, but that the voucher is then irrevocably tied to the name of the person who booked the trip. So, your father couldn't use a voucher to book the Best Rate in his name and then give you that voucher to have activated in your name.

Tha annual pass is not actually activated until you do so at the parks. Using that voucher only validates the room rate for you--but you must activate the AP once you are at the parks to show at check in for the best rate room.

Sue Ellen

EthansMom said:
My understanding is that the voucher is not activated when it is used to book the AP Best Rate, but that the voucher is then irrevocably tied to the name of the person who booked the trip. So, your father couldn't use a voucher to book the Best Rate in his name and then give you that voucher to have activated in your name.

This is exactly what I read too, it doesn't activate the voucher but it does verify it and is now tied to that name so only that person can activate it later. Just make sure you check the date when you activate it and they'll fix it if it's wrong at guest services if you do it immediately.

Calie

I'm going to activate my AP voucher at the MK the day we arrive so we can check in to the WL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter