• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best QS restaurant for dessert, included in plan

LC1

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We have the free QSDP for an upcoming trip, and we are excited about actually eating desserts with our meals. That is not something we usually do.

In looking at the menus, there seems to be a huge variation in what is offered as a dessert at the counter service restaurants.

Just curious, if you were going to pick your QS restaurant(s) by the dessert, where would you eat?

Thanks

Just curious, if you were going to pick your QS restaurant(s) by the dessert, where would you eat?

MK: Be Our Guest for the cupcakes (lunch only)
Epcot: Les Halles because of the wonderful pastries, though Kringla is a close second.
DHS: Starring Rolls because of the cupcakes.
AK: This is the hard one for me, I usually go to Flame Tree, but the desserts are kind of boring.

Sunshine Seasons in Epcot- HUGE selection, we love the key lime pie

Love the green tea desserts at Katsura Grill

Awesome cupcakes at Contempo café.

MK: Be Our Guest (lunch) - Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake
Epcot: Les Halles - any of the pastries
Kringla - Cloudberry Horn, Schoolbread
Lotus Blossom (China) - Caramel Ginger Ice Cream
DHS: Starring Rolls - Butterfinger Cupcake, Choc Peanut Butter Cupcake
AK: um, use a snack credit for a White Elephant Cupcake or a Brownie Paw at Kusafiri Bakery

We had the most gorgeous feature cupcake at HS this year, but obviously these aren't available everywhere or all year round.

I had a delicious double chocolate dessert at Yak & Yeti QS this year - tasted far better than it looked, and DD had the frozen lemonade - which she said would have been better had it not been a cold day!

Totally agree about the desserts at Sunshine Seasons: I had the strawberry shortcake twice, and it was just divine.

Amazingly we didn't have any QS meals at MK this year - mostly went there at night after a TS dinner in the GF or CR - so can't recommend a dessert there. This year was the first year we stayed on site so have never had a dessert before.

The dessert that I dream about (especially since I'm on a special diet and don't eat sugar usually!) is the strawberry shortcake at Sunshine Seasons (Epcot). Also, make sure you check out the Snack Credit thread at the top of this page. You are not limited to a bag of popcorn or piece of fruit! There are so many options for snacks that I consider desserts--ice cream treats, chocolate covered fruit kabobs, cupcakes, pastries etc. We are usually too full from the meals to really indulge in the scrumptious snacks, but it's good to know what would count as a snack before you go!

Sunshine Seasons and Kirngla at Epcot, Wolfgang Puck Epress at DTD for cheesecake or creme brulee, (limited selection there, but great quality,) Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary for cupcakes, and Landscape of Flavors at Art of Animation resort.

I didn't care for most of the QS dessert options, especially the generic mousse desserts (chocolate mousse, key lime cheesecake/mousse whatever)...yuck! We usually asked for a prepackaged cookie, grapes, or bottle of water instead.

The only places I remember being good was Starring Rolls @ DHS (red velvet cheesecake cupcake) and I guess Sunshine Seasons @ Epcot was "okay"...they have lots of choices which is nice. I think I had the tiramisu there or the creme brûlée (can't remember).

Tangierine Cafe @ Epcot was my favorite QS place but the only dessert option there on the DDP is baklava which isn't very good there. I didn't have anything memorable at AK or MK.

HS: starring Rolls. Heavenly desserts

MK: I used to love the Apple tart at CHH!! Now they have a seasonal cobbler, which I haven't tried but I love cobbler

EP: Love the strawberry shortcake cake at Sunshine Seasons and I love the baklava at Tangieriene Cafe, not because it's good, but because I like their food so much, but for yummy all around desserts, I think Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles is divine!! Their sandwiches, quiche etc are wonderful and their desserts are beautiful and tasty!!

AK: I agree with the poster who said to get a cup cake from Kusafari bakery!!!

Sunshine Seasons in Epcot and a lot of the resort food courts have nice dessert options too :)

Wish I could go to with you. My boys are infinite borrrrring in their non choices & waste their deserts. :dance3:

Epcot - I would say any of the QS in the World Showcase that have the bakeries - so many yummy options. Sunshine seasons was good just because they have a huge variety.

HS - I so wanted to try a cupcake from Starring Rolls, but didn't get a chance. Kind of odd, but if you have pizza eating people in tow, and want a cupcake - the cupcake choices at Pizza Planet were great when I was there! I didn't get to taste either, but they had Olaf and the Cappuccino, and both sounded amazing.

AK - I didn't eat at any QS here, so I'm not sure.

MK - I think the only QS I ate here that was a meal and dessert was BOG for lunch. I think it's CHH that has the apple dessert a lot of people talk about.

I will say that Pop Century had some decent choices! I always got my "ice cream" sticker so I could go order dessert from the ice cream/pastry line and they had a lot of choices including the King cupcake, the apple blossom dessert, cinnamon rolls, etc.

The best choices have already been mentioned, my must dos are
Les Halles in France, Wolfgang Puck's, Starring Rolls.

In addition to the places above, I would also suggest Boardwalk Bakery if you're in the area. They have great QS options plus, you get to choose from their entire selection of desserts.

In addition to the places above, I would also suggest Boardwalk Bakery if you're in the area. They have great QS options plus, you get to choose from their entire selection of desserts.
We're planning on getting dinner there one night before going to the Studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter