Best places to use the SNACK option...

Dee Hill

DIS Veteran
We are headed to WDW in a few days. This is our second time going, but our first time using the Dining Plan. I know where we are eating all our quick service and ADR meals.

I have no idea what some of the best places to get our snacks are.
I would love snack suggestions for all 4 parks, places or actual snacks or both.
We have 8 snacks per person (1 day in AK, 1 day in Epcot, 2 days in HS, 4 days in MK)

I would appreciate any suggestions?
Thanks,
Dee

Make sure you have 8 days on the dining plan. You only have as many days as nights you stay.

For instance, if you check in on Sunday and check out on Saturday, it only counts for 6 days on the dining plan.

I made the mistake of thinking since I had 7 day tickets, and I'd be at the park for 7 days, that I had 7 days on the plan.

Thank you, we are staying Friday through the following Saturday.
Any suggestions on where to get snacks. :)

Just make sure that you use your snack credits wisely. A single banana is a snack credit ($1.00), but so is a lovely large caramel apple ($6.00)! I always want to get the MOST bang for my buck. One of our favorites is the Cronut in Epcot. (close to Canada pavillion)
Keep your eye out for the symbol where food is sold to see if it is covered on the dining plan.
ddp-logo1.jpg

Do you want sweet, savory, or both? Starring Rolls has the Butterfinger cupcakes in HS. I believe there are now Star Wars ones as well. Many of the countries in Epcot have some interesting snack credits- Germany has carmel corn and carmel treats. Japan has flavored ice. The US has funnel cakes. And the French bakery and ice cream shop are incredible… You also have the Boardwalk Bakery not too far away from Epcot!

You can get a funnel cake sundae at Hollywood Studios at the Oasis Canteen which is next to the Indiana Jones Stunt Show for a snack credit. It is huge! The carrot cake cookie is also really good at Hollywood Studios and can be bought at The Writers Stop next to the Sci Fi Diner or Sweet Spells on Sunset Blvd.

Are you a coffee drinker?

There's a Starbucks in every park, and you can use a snack credit on any drink, any size. To me, the venti iced caramel macchiato which runs for about $5 was a great use of a snack credit when I needed a pick me up on my last trips!

Karamell Kuche in EPCOT, over in Germany. The krispy treat with chocolate and caramel is enormous and wonderful. Caramel apples and caramel popcorn are also good values. (You can get either a small or large popcorn for a snack credit.)

One I just discovered last week was the trail mix at the Sports food court. It may not be exciting, but it's priced at about $6 and it's a big bag.

Yes! The clerk at Fulton's General Store at POR showed me the section that was all snack credits and the big "family size" bags of trail mix and candy were included. I really liked the way that shop had it laid out easily.

Any snacks over $4 are your best deal at any park. I used one on Gaston's Tavern Cinnamon Roll which is gigantic. I used one on the caramel apples coated in chocolate to look like minnie or mickey. At Epcot we use our snacks at France's Patisserie/Boulangerie. Typically the larger or more expensive the snack is best. Don't waste them on juice or water, fruit or veggie. If you have any leftover at the end of your trip, like we did, take the kids to The Confectionary and let them have some fun.

Cupcakes at starring roles at the studios. The butterfinger cupcake is unbelievable!!!! I did purchase it as part of a meal.

My dinner tonight, snack credit in France.

Breakfast tomorrow, also from France.
Funnel cakes, cupcakes, cronuts, bagged candy and ice cream are my crews favorite uses of snack credit.

I can't thank y'all enough.
Due to Winter Storm Jonas we are leaving today instead of tomorrow.
I am compiling the list and putting it in our schedule right now.

Any snacks over $4 are your best deal at any park. I used one on Gaston's Tavern Cinnamon Roll which is gigantic. I used one on the caramel apples coated in chocolate to look like minnie or mickey. At Epcot we use our snacks at France's Patisserie/Boulangerie. Typically the larger or more expensive the snack is best. Don't waste them on juice or water, fruit or veggie. If you have any leftover at the end of your trip, like we did, take the kids to The Confectionary and let them have some fun.

You are absolutely correct on that, but I'm going to add on that there is some bad information out there (even from CMs) that people should watch for. I went to the Candy Cauldron and asked about an item and was told no, because a snack credit is only good on items $5 or less. This is simply not true, and I want to make sure other newbies know that there's a big difference between the dollar amount that makes a thing a good deal and there being a dollar amount that is a determining factor in what is or isn't a snack credit.

$4 or $5 is definitely the goal to shoot for, but watch out for people who have gotten confused about what the dollar amount really means.

There are definitely snacks over $5, the powered sugar funnel cakes at Epcot were 6.50 and the pumpkin ones were $8 and had the ddp symbol :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!