Best place to watch NFL playoffs?

lobsterslayer

Mouseketeer
I didn't realize when I booked our vacation that we would be in WDW while the AFC championship was being played, and seeing as I am from New England I now need advice on the best place to watch it. We are staying at Wilderness Lodge and do have a car so we can get anywhere, but would prefer to take Disney transportation so I can have a few adult beverages while watching. I've thought of the espn restaurant on the boardwalk as a possibility also considering watching from the territory lounge or even just in our room. We are open to any suggestions for fun places to watch. Thank you in advance.

The game will be available in your own room so don't forget that simple option. As far as going to ESPN, you aren't the only person to have that idea and getting in will be very difficult. You would probably need to get there several hours before the game.

Espn on boardwalk, rainforest cafe has a bar, T. rex cafe I believe also has a bar with tvs, planet Hollywood if it's open yet

I didn't realize when I booked our vacation that we would be in WDW while the AFC championship was being played, and seeing as I am from New England I now need advice on the best place to watch it. We are staying at Wilderness Lodge and do have a car so we can get anywhere, but would prefer to take Disney transportation so I can have a few adult beverages while watching. I've thought of the espn restaurant on the boardwalk as a possibility also considering watching from the territory lounge or even just in our room. We are open to any suggestions for fun places to watch. Thank you in advance.

If you're in the Epcot resorts area, you can try what happened to me recently. Just go to the Solarium at the Beach Club and ask if anyone minds if you change the channel to the game. I just kept my mouth shut during the game because I was the only Patriots fan in the room.

If you're in the Epcot resorts area, you can try what happened to me recently. Just go to the Solarium at the Beach Club and ask if anyone minds if you change the channel to the game. I just kept my mouth shut during the game because I was the only Patriots fan in the room.

Did DVC supply the telescope to see the set? :teeth:

MG

You can watch the game anywhere including your room. You can also go to ESPN if you want the "sports bar" feel. Note that there will be line to get in and GA is to the center area. Now if you want to do it "big", you can do what we did 2 years ago for Notre Dame/Kentucky NCAA elite 8 - you can pre-purchase VIP package where you get a reserved table. Food and beverage credit, and you get a table in the room to the left (as opposed to GA bar to the middle of ESPN club) - and there are multiple screens and you will likely be amongs fans of both teams so it is somewhat of a stadium feel....

Ww were at WDW 12/29-1/5. My husband watched them on his phone poolside. It was also on the pool bar TV.

The bar in the main lodge at wilderness has three tva and I'm sure would have the game on. Yu can drink, order some bar food and just relax.

I watched the Pats game in September at the Tambu lounge when staying at the poly. Im sure the bar area at WL will have it on as well.

We watched Game 6 of the 2013 ALCS in the Martha's Vineyard lounge at the Beach Club. We had hoped to watch at ESPN club and looked into the VIP table thing but when we stopped by that morning they said they were not even showing the game. It was a Saturday so it was college football all day and night.

We were staying at the Boardwalk and the lounge there does not have a TV so we journeyed around Crescent Lake until we found a spot. It was just us at first but we were eventually joined by quite a few Sox fans and it turned into a mini party. It was a lot of fun and a lot less insane than ESPN club.

I would never attempt ESPN zone unless you are willing to go about 2 hours early, but I am sure you can hit up Disney Springs and find a nice bar area to watch. Splittsville would be a good choice. If you have any family going, they can bowl and you can eat dinner too. Since the game is on at 6:40pm, the poolside bar really won't be an option but I am sure it will be on at Territory lounge.

My son just reserved the VIP seats for himself,my husband, and the friend we are traveling with for the Pats game on Sunday. That means the women will be taking the children to the park to enjoy rides with the them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter