Best off site hotel for family of 5?

kelly0726

Earning My Ears
I feel like I am going round and round trying to decide what is best for us. I was hoping to get some opinions from all of you.

We are a family of 5 that can squeeze into 2 queens but would prefer more room. We are looking for closeness/easy access to park (and we will most likely rent a car because also going legoland and universal but switching hotels for that). No kitchen is needed though.

I like the idea of more of a resort feel versus just a hotel.

I think most people would recommend Wyndham Bonnet Creek on this board. I love Windsor Hills personally because it's cheaper and they still have a nice pool and I can rent a 3 bedroom condo so each kid gets their own bed.

Not sure when you're traveling but I can update you on Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace in a few weeks. We're a family of 6, typically we just get 2 rooms (btw we LOVE Hilton Bonnet Creek, but we always get 2 rooms) this time went with a one bedroom suite at BVP across from disney springs and I'm hoping we love it too!

Don't stay in a hotel, rent a townhouse/condo. There are dozen and dozens and dozens within a 10 minute drive of WDW. Sheraton Vistana Village, Windor Hills, Bonnet Creek are just a few. Check VRBO and you'll find a huge variety, for under $100/night...and it'll get you a 3 bedroom 2 bath 1000sq ft condo.

We are a family of 4 with two teens. Last week i booked a condo for the first time. The three bedroom was the same price as the two so i bought it on eBay for our spring break week. March 26-April 2.

It's at Wyndam Bonnet Creek.

It was not cheap due to time of year. No where close to just $100 a night. Because of time of year it was a seven day rental although it did appear that at other times you could rent for just a couple days. Indeed i contacted many of the agency's recommended on this site and my dates were sold out. I had to keep checking dbay until my dates popped up last week and i quickly pulled the trigger and bought it.

You need to do your research based on your dates to sort things out better especially regarding price

I fell in love with WBC after reading reviews here and the deals people were posting looked fabulous for this beautiful place that had everything our family could want.

But alas although those deals do exist, they are only during certain time periods and prices flucate tremendously. So i would start your research by first looking at prices and availability for your week.

I'm not new to traveling and should known that prices are based on demand but i thought condo prices would be more regulated. So sorry if I am stating the obvious

I have only stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. It is an excellent place. I have done extensive research looking for others. Orange Lake Resort would be my second choice. The reason is the two have resort amenities. Windsor Hills is the third. Looks amazing as well, just less amenities (mainly planned daily activities). I don't think you can go wrong with any of those. 7-nights will run you $700 - $1,200 for a 2BR unit.

Others I have heard about but not researched are Sheraton Vistana and some suites near Disney Springs.

As for renting at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, search for an owner to work with directly. Even at the peak times, $120 a night for a 2BR is pretty common.

Last edited:

I have to suggest renting a house or condo rather than a hotel. Significantly more space with lots of accommodation options to choose from to suit your lifestyle and budget.

We liked Windsor Hill and it's cheaper and an extra bedroom but it's not a resort like Bonnet Creek. And it's only close to AK. Bonnet Creek is close to Epcot...it's basically on Disney's property but better IMHO ...there are multiple pools [even lazy river], hot tubs, dining options [even poolside], activities.

WBC is as close to DHS and Epcot as any other resort except those that are right there BC/YC, BW. It is as close to MK except the MK resorts. For being offsite, WBC is no worse than any other resort on property. The location cannot be beat. It is in the heart of CBR, AoA, Pop, BW, OKW/SSR are around the corner. DS is 2 miles away. The resort offers so much more to do than almost all Disney resorts: pools, slides, lazy rivers, shuffleboard, putt putt, game room, kids activities all day into the night. You can find all of this at Disney resorts too, but you may have to go to multiple resorts for it.

We are also huge Bonnet Creek fans. But if you are looking for hotels instead, Residence Inns are great for families of five, as well as Springhill Suites and Fairfield Suites which are all Marriott properties. Embassy Suites are also great for larger families.

We are also a family of five also and we usually book Residence Inns if we aren't staying at a resort.

If you are going to Disney, Legoland and Universal- Windsor Hills is probably the most centrally located. We stayed there with my parents- 3 adults, 3 kids, and had plenty of space. Are you doing multiple days at Disney, 1 day at Legoland and 1 day at Universal?

My husband is going on the next trip (and sans grandparents) and we are staying at the Floridays resort in a 2bedroom unit.

We love Windsor Hills as well....we usually get a 4 bedroom. I wish Bonnett Creek offered these at a decent price because it sounds really nice too! If I remember, once you get into 3/4 bedroom, it turns into a "presidential" suite or something.

We have also stayed at Buena Vista Suites for a night before our ressie. We are a family of 6, and it was nice because they had free parking, free breakfast, and a room with seperate living area so plenty of space for the 6 of us for one night. But it would not be too comfortable for us for and extended period of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter