Best non-prescription thing for motion sickness

Salf777

Mouseketeer
Hi I get some mild motion sickness on FOP and Everest if I ride more than once in a row and sometimes on Star Tours. Going next week and want to ride Guardians but on a fence because I don’t want it to ruin my day. What’s the best over the counter medication for motion sickness anyone has used?

Hi I get some mild motion sickness on FOP and Everest if I ride more than once in a row and sometimes on Star Tours. Going next week and want to ride Guardians but on a fence because I don’t want it to ruin my day. What’s the best over the counter medication for motion sickness anyone has used?
First time only had the SeaBands and ooohhhh spent most the ride struggling. Got off clammy and thinking that was the end of that. DS#2 same. We had been planning a second ride but opted not to return to Epcot. (totally empty stomach as it was early and I feared I'd get sick)

A month later we returned with plans to try again. Brought our SeaBands but also started taking BONINE (Meclizine) the day before. Both enjoyed it much more, kept heads still but didn't get nauseous. (did have some food in stomach)

First time only had the SeaBands and ooohhhh spent most the ride struggling. Got off clammy and thinking that was the end of that. DS#2 same. We had been planning a second ride but opted not to return to Epcot. (totally empty stomach as it was early and I feared I'd get sick)

A month later we returned with plans to try again. Brought our SeaBands but also started taking BONINE (Meclizine) the day before. Both enjoyed it much more, kept heads still but didn't get nauseous. (did have some food in stomach)
Do you take it the night before, morning of, or before getting on the ride
Thanks

Do you take it the night before, morning of, or before getting on the ride
Thanks
Took one the night before, took one in the morning and if our ride had been late in day I'd likely would have taken another shortly before. We have never had them work "just before" or after it's too late. Was told about this kind years ago from deep sea fisherman and he said start day before. Always has worked.

We ride most the rides and so had hoped we wouldn't need it, first ride proved otherwise.

Honestly, Bonine (meclizine). It's once a day. Start taking it the day before, and it should help! It doesn't make you invincible, but it helps a lot with motion sickness.

Scopolamine patches are prescription and come with some uncomfortable side effects, but it's probably the most effective with motion sickness.

Personally I prefer the Less Drowsy Dramamine (but I buy the store brand). I take half of one first thing in the morning and it works all day. I don’t have problems with a full one, but half works so I just do that.

I know for a fact there is a non drowsy dramamine available. Does anyone know if you can get non drowsy (not less drowsy) dramamine in a chewable form?

Or is the kids, chewable dramamine non drowsy?

I've searched a lot and can't get clear answers for either of these questions. Thanks.

Honestly, Bonine (meclizine). It's once a day. Start taking it the day before, and it should help! It doesn't make you invincible, but it helps a lot with motion sickness.

Scopolamine patches are prescription and come with some uncomfortable side effects, but it's probably the most effective with motion sickness.
Yes, my sister gets motion sickness easily and swears by Bonine.

Over the counter patches (that go behind the ear) improves it 70-80% for me.

Dromamine pills work the best. They even helped curb the effects of working in a recycling center (high speed conveyor belts, motion, and smells made for a fun first few days).

Sea bands do nothing for me. Dramamine or meclizine (sp?) work for me.

I eat dried ginger or ginger candies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter