best/favorite snack credits

Minnie's bakeshop cookies to bring home...or ice cream from the ice cream parlor on Main Street!

The All-American Sundae at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor in MK! Huge and delicious chocolatey-peanut-buttery ice creamy goodness!

We just came back from a 10 day trip late August. Desserts are not big either with my family so I did a lot of research for snack subsititutions. We stayed at Art of Animation, if you are staying there, the best dessert or beverage substitution is the cheesy pesto bread or any of the soups. Hubby and I shared a QS dinner credit when he ordered a burger (comes with 2 sides) and I used his dessert and beverage credit for the cheesy pesto bread and chicken noodle soup. It was enough for me
For the parks, I believe there is a sweet potato snack you can avail of at AK, not sure which QS restaurant
At Hollywood Studios, you can get a baked potato at Anaheim Produce I believe
At Magic Kingdom, you can order the vegetarian chili or clam chowder soup or any of the sided like broccoli or corn as a substitution.
Not sure about Epcot.
I find the website http://allears.net/dining/ lists the menus of all the restaurants and marks all the snack eligble items with that purple icon.

Good luck! You'll have a great time!

Ham and Cheese sandwich in France Epcot
Fruit Nutella Waffle Magic Kingdom
Any cupcake from Starring Rolls

I've actually just been reading about the savory options for snack credits and took notes! Yak and Yeti in AK has egg rolls or chicken fried rice. In Epcot there are a number of locations where you can get soup as a snack credit (Sunshine Seasons, Liberty Inn), There is a lobster bisque in France at the same place as the ham and cheese croissant, along with a bacon and cheese roll. Kabuki had a couple of sushi options. I didn't see a lot of non sweet options at MK other than clam chowder at CH, pretzels or popcorn. Same with HS.
We are staying at AOA and I saw that the food court has a southwest wrap that is a snack credit and create your own smoothies.

we had this last year, was fantastic...was shocked at how much you get for a snack credit, basically ice cream and two cookies all for one credit

Gastons did/do the cinnamon roll we found that really good as well for a snack credit.

everytime I look at Gaston's at Disney.com it tells me they don't participate in the DP's :headache:

Fruit Nutella waffle sandwich at sleepy hollow is not snack credit eligible. Was just there last week.

Must have changed from the last time I used at SH. I used the dining plan about 18 months ago there and they accepted it as a snack credit for the Nutella waffle but not the Chicken waffle. Thanks for the update.

We will have the QSDP on our trip and plan on utilizing our two snack credits a day on: pastries/a la carte items for breakfast, cinnamon rolls at Gaston's, Dole whips, Mickey bars, Mickey pretzels, popcorn, cupcakes, items from F&G festival food booths, and Starbucks coffee! :teeth:

everytime I look at Gaston's at Disney.com it tells me they don't participate in the DP's :headache:
I know!! But so many people keep saying they used it....I plan on trying when we're there in a few weeks, hopefully still good.

They definitely do. I've used snack credits on LeFou's Brew and a cinnamon roll many times. Like PP said, I think it says that because they don't offer any full meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter