Best Early Entry for DCA from Pixar Place

kpek

Earning My Ears
Going to Disneyland (first trip!) next week and staying at Pixar Place hotel. I want to maximize my time in the park for early entry but don’t want to line up someplace really early (prior to 6:50AM) if possible. Would it be better to use the Pixar Place entrance or the DTD entrance?

If you don't mind the walk, the DTD entrance. Everyone always recommended it but never explained why (at least that I could find) but i found out why our last trip when we stayed at GCH. The lines that are specific for on site guests don't even open the security option until 7:30am so if you're not the first person or the line is really long or slow, you'll spend 10-15 minutes of your EE doing that. The DTD opens much earlier and they even let you into the park before 7:30 so then you just have to go to the side where they have it for hotel guests and scan your hotel key and you're on your way within seconds of 7:30. Hopefully that makes sense. Oh and also, the Pixar Pier entrance only puts you into CA near the pier so if you want to enter the front for the full affect, best to do DTD.

With a desired 6:50 am arrival, I use the DTD security near the DLH. This will get you to the main DCA gate quicker than the GCH - DTD option, this is the best option to rope drop GotG or Webslingers. The dedicated GCH entrance to DCA has the longest and slowest line of any option. The Pixar Pier entrance across the street from the hotel tends to have a short line but only puts you in position to rope drop Pixar Pier

Last edited:
Thanks - will use DTD entrance. Definitely do not want to wait in security during early entry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter