• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best counter service in all four parks

Michele King

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

We have a large group coming in this week. Most of us will be eating counter service. We have a few picky kids in the group too.

I need to know the best counter service locations in all four parks and also if there are any to avoid.
Knowing this ahead will really save time. I appreciate any input :)

You are going to get reviews from a lot of different places. Depends on what your likes and wants. I will list what WE like for counter service: MK-to us Pecos Bills hands down. AK-Flame tree BBQ (currently under rehab) HS-Backlot express. Just our choice. Epcot-A lot of CS in epcot, just depends on taste. We probably eat more CS at China though. Check in on allears.net and you can check the menus for most CS places. Oh and :welcome:

Epcot- Kringale bakery in Norway. I really liked the ham and apple sandwich. If you are on the dining plan you get a sandwich, pastry, drink and salad or fruit cup for on QS credit. The pastries can be hit or miss, but I really liked that sandwich.

AK- Flame Tree was good, and hooray, they tell you which line to get in so you don't pick the wrong one and wait forever.

MK- harbour house or Pecos Bill.

DTD- Earl of Sandwich

My opinions:

MK- Columbia Harbor House for fried shrimp or Pecos Bills for a burger.
EPCOT- we always eat at the Cantina in Mexico. Love their nachos!
HS - Starring rolls for a sandwich and their gigantic cupcakes.
AK - I usually eat at a table service here, but have only heard good things about Flame Tree.

I second checking out allears and their menus.

MK - Pecos Bill's
AK - Yak and Yeti
DHS - Rosie's
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons
DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express

MK-columbia harbor house
AK-flame tree
Epcot-we always go for the bakery in France. Hey, it's vacation
HS-we don't like qs here. Usually go to DTD to pucks express.

MK - Columbia Harbor House, love the lighthouse sandwich and the fish

EP - sunshine seasons, this is a food court like approach so lots of options and really great, fresh seasonal food

MGM - Not a fan of any, we usually hop a boat to the boardwalk and eat in their bakery

AK - flame tree - amazing bbq

EP - sunshine seasons is your best bet. Lots of seating and variety.

MK - if it's busy, it's very hard to find seating. And at times they will make you purchase food before allowing your whole group to sit. We don't care for most of the food, but I gravitate towards the pork shank at Gaston's. I also like turkey legs :goodvibes, but that's available at every park.

DH - don't care for any of the options. Fairfax (by tower of terror) has a few options near by with decent seating. ABC has nice indoor seating, food is your standard with a few "healthy" options. I think i saw something with quinoa or couscous on the menu .... my boys would never touch that :rotfl2:.

AK - flame tree is probably one of the better qs at AK. In Jan it was under construction, but they split the menu between 2-3 smaller food booths near by. There were people holding signs up.

My opinions...

MK: Columbia Harbour House
Epcot: Tangierine Cafe, Sunshine Season (though there are a lot of good options in this park)
HS: Pizza Planet was probably our "favorite" but this park is lacking in good CS.
AK: Yak & Yeti QS counter

MK - We liked Columbia Harbor House but it always appears to be super busy. I got the seafood mac & cheese which was nasty, but the shrimp platter was very good. We also like Pinnocchio Village Haus for a quieter atmosphere.

Epcot - Mexico QS is our favorite

DHS - None! Make a TS ADR if you can. If you'd prefer to wing it, you can take the boat over to Big River Grille or ESPN Club at the Boardwalk and eat there without an ADR.

AK - Our favorite is Flame Tree but as mentioned, it's down for refurb. Restaurantosaurus is another option we like.

DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express! Best QS on property.

MK - CHH
EPCOT - Les Halles or Tangierine Cafe
DHS - Starring Roles (hope Trolley Car Starbucks doesn't chase it away)
AK - Flame Tree (when open and not in multi kiosk mode throughout AK)
DTD - Earl of Sandwich

MK: Columbia Harbor House. We also like Casey's on Main Street, but it's more from a nostalgia standpoint than actual food. I still think Casey's is decent, though.
Epcot: Lots of options here. The Fish & Chips from UK or a bratwurst from Germany are my favorites.
HS: Uhhhh...
DAK: Flame Tree! It's my fave CS, probably. Their pulled pork is great and I recently tried the turkey sandwich, which was awesome.

Our favorites are:

MK - Columbia Harbor House, Cosmic Rays
Epcot - Electric Umbrella
DHS - Backlot Express

Here are mine:

MK: Columbia Harbor House
Epcot: I like all the World Showcase CS places.
DHS: Studio Catering Co or ABC Commissary
DAK: Flame Tree Barbecue or Yak & Yeti Local Foods Cafe

Personally-

MK: Be Our Guest lunch and Tortuga Tavern
Epcot: Electric Umbrella
DHS: Whatever isn't Pizza Planet
DAK: Flame Tree BBQ

Since many of you mentioned Columbia Harbor House I will share my three experiences there. First off I love lobster rolls and when I saw they had them I couldn't resist. The first two times went well and the lobster rolls were great. Most recently I visited on Monday and had my favorite - lobster roll. Five hours later it came back to haunt me. It sure was bad timing because we were at Olivia's for dinner when it hit. Talk about bad timing. Just a heads up. I have never had this happen before but it was not pretty and will curb my love for lobster rolls for a time. So it can happen. It tasted OK and I didn't have anything after it. It crept up on me. Just saying. Food poisoning can and does happen especially with sea food. I have recovered today but would just caution people. It can and does happen.

MK: Be Our Guest (lunch). Such a nice change of pace/atmosphere vs. the other QS in MK.
Epcot: World Showcase! We've tried the Mexican place, the UK place, the Japanese place, etc. We treat it like a really big food court, lol.
DHS: Nothing at this park is a stand out. If I was forced to choose, I'd say Pizza Planet. Reluctantly.
DAK: Another rec for Flame Tree BBQ. Good value.

MK - Columbia Harbor House
EPCOT - Sunshine Seasons
HS - Sorry, no recommendations here
AK - Yak & Yeti
DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express (Marketplace)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter