Best cheap hotel for first timers WDW

justme0729

DIS Veteran
Our friends are going to Disney with us and are thinking about staying at the Clarion Inn because it is $60-$80/ night and has a shuttle to the parks. Is there somewhere better with a shuttle in similar price range?

That's a really tough question to answer because prices at non-Disney hotels can fluctuate wildly. For example, I've stayed at the DoubleTree Suites in the Disney Springs area for as low at $79/night. That same hotel is $179/night next week.

If you provide the dates of your trip, that might help with recommendations.

A lot f hotels have shuttles, but very few have good shuttle service. Pick up times are usually very limited. Your friend will likely end up spending some money on Uber or a taxi. I like the Red Lion on Irlo Bronson for a stay in that price range, but the shuttle situation will be the same. Your friend may want to consider upping the budget just a bit (apply the money that he will end up spending on Uber) and choosing a Disney Springs hotel with more reliable service. Mouse savers offers some good deals to newsletter subscribers.

Why dont you look into renting at Bonnet Creek? Can get a two bedroom villa for like $700 a week all taxes included. Location cannot be beat and the resort is beautiful.

I was going to suggest Clarion Inn LBV, when I saw your title! We liked that one a lot and had no problems with the shuttle service (we appreciated that they ran on a schedule ;)). It was recently on Groupon, too, for closer to $50, I think.

There's nothing wrong with the Clarion. Another affordable option is the Quality Inn by the Parks. There are several Quality Inns in the area, but this one is seriously great! Have your friends check out the reviews on TripAdvisor.

overall, i found disney all stars/pop century cheapest. dont forget you will have to pay for parking...my first trip staying outside the park was at a comfort in...and i was told they had shuttles.. tried and tried to get info but couldnt. when we got there we found out the shuttles left the hotel at like 9am and 11am and stopped at about 10 hotels on the way. then coming back they left the parks at 7p and 9p magic kingdom parades and fireworks are not even up and running yet. havent stayed off property since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter