Best blender for crushing ice???

:scratchin
Here's hoping the OP solved this in the 10+ years since they started this thread. :lmao:

Well, dang! And here I was reading so carefully as I'm in the market for a new blender for smoothies as well! LOL

Thanks to those who have posted new reviews on blenders!

Then I bought the NutriBullet Pro. Best. Blender. Ever.

It is $99 (can get it for $80 at Bed Bath and Beyond or Costco). The thing is a beast...it turns ice into snow in seconds...pulverizes anything you put in it for completely smooth smoothies. Can make different individual smoothies back to back, but there is also a super large cup for making a double portion of the same kind. Cleanup is a breeze...I love this thing so much. I have had it over 2 years now and seriously use it every day.

I use it for smoothies, milkshakes, frozen adult drinks, soups, marinades...there is literally nothing this thing can't do. And when it eventually dies on me, I can get a new one for under $100.

Purchased the Nutri Ninja Kitchen System with auto IQ boost. Got it on sale at Costco for about $100. It runs circles around the Vitamix :)

It has different automatic programs - one for smoothies that makes them perfectly! With lots of frozen berries and ice. It is also a breeze to clean up. I hated how the Vitamix had the blades in the bottom of the pitcher - such a pain to clean. The ninja comes apart for easy cleaning.

Thanks guys! I'm going to look into these two. I love buying stuff from Costco since they have such a great return program if something has a problem. I don't want to pay more than $100 for a blender but do want one that works with ice. These sound good.

Vitamix has a lifetime guarantee and you clean it by running hot soapy water in a smoothie cycle. Nothing wrong with the Ninja, though, if you want that and it fits your budget better. We started with that and upgraded.

I've had two Kitchenaids, a magic bullet, and a vitamix (in addition to several cheapo models I won't even discuss).

When brand new -- the kitchenaids were extremely quiet and did a great job. However, they have a tendency to degrade after heavy use (I've had to replace the little black thing underneath several times because the rubber tends to wear out).

Magic bullets are great for single servings where you don't care about texture (don't do a great job of pulverizing the ice). They are very loud. But they do offer the most convenience and ease of clean up.

Vitamix does the best job of those three on blending. The smoothies taste just like they do from Smoothie King. The texture is amazing. Not too loud during use, but you will definitely hear it. Much better design than the Kitchenaid and is built to last. We use ours about 10 times a week and have had it for over two years and it is still going strong. No issues whatsoever.

we got a ninja storm this summer and it is pretty awesome! runs about $40. It is sort of a cross between a food processor and a blender. It works amazing for turning ice to snow. but we do have a nutra bullet we have had for years and use once or twice a day. I like making the drink in the cup. I just recently had a blade go out, but otherwise it is going strong.

I love my ninja. I kind of go through phases with things so I didn't want to drop the $$$$ on a Vitamix. I've had my ninja for a few years now and I think it works great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter