Best bar?

fizzingwhizbee

Earning My Ears
Husband and I have decided to do a kids club for our kiddo one night. We're going to an AYCTE for dinner around 5, and want to capitalize on having a date night that doesn't end right after dinner!

We rarely spend much time or money on alcohol at Disney now that we go with our son, and if we did it was usually drinking around Epcot. But I think this time, in the spirit of "date night", I want to stop in to a bar that will really feel like a special treat.

Husband likes beer mostly, but some mixed drinks. I like pretty much anything, but I especially love margaritas and any tropical or frou-frou mixed drink. If I'm going to drop the $$, might as well get something fun!

I was thinking since we had a lot of time to get where we need to go, we could try Trader Sam's since I've never been there and the tiki bar theme seems fun. Would you recommend it? If you don't think Trader Sam's is the place to be, where should we go? I prefer not to bar hop but just pick one to hang out at for a little while. Since we'll be stuffed, they don't need to have good food!

AbracadaBar at the Boardwalk is my #2, if not a tie for #1, with Trader Sam's. It's much quieter than Trader Sam's and the cocktails are more reasonably priced under $15 since they don't come with souvenir mugs. There's also a lot of bars around Disney Springs and is a good place to spend an adults night out with all the shops.

Good to know! I think it's probably for the best if I AVOID the shops, LOL, but I do like wandering around DS at night. It's kinda magical there in its own way!

My favorite lounges in the Epcot area (no particular order): AbracadaBar (at BWI), Crew's Cup (at YC), the bar at Il Mulino (at Swan) and the bar at bluezoo (at Dolphin)

I agree if you are at Epcot go over to AbracadaBar. We went last December and really enjoyed it, my second choice would be Nomad Lounge in AK but that is going to close when the park does. While not a bar per se we love the wine bar in Itlaly in WS.

I like the Contemporary for bars. Outer Rim has a lovely view of Bay Lake, but if it's too crowded with families waiting for Chef Mickeys, The Wave downstairs has a large lounge with a nice selection of craft beers on tap and excellent cocktails!

I was going to say Trader Sams as well, inside and or outside :) and since your at Epcot Abracadabbar was my 2nd suggestion. Also where are the kids - you could also end up where they are. My kids Loved the kids club at the Poly in which case you could drop them off, hit the monorail to Epcot and back to Trader Sams. Can't remember what resorts still have a kids club but when our kids were that age we tried to plan our evening around where they were in order to use Disney transportation.

This is a tough one! Yes, you'll be close to AbracadaBAR which is really cool, but Trader Sam's is really FUN! Drinks are delicious (AbracadaBAR drinks are more interesting - think absinthe! - than fruity, tropical IMHO). There are all kinds of effects and antics at Trader Sam's. Nomad Lounge in AK also has really delicious cocktails - they fresh squeeze the juices! The bar at Cali Grill is also great - such a beautiful view of MK. You can even see the EP and DHS fireworks from there. If you want good, tropical drinks, I would go Trader Sam's or Nomad.

I have a different angle. How late do you want to stay out? All of the suggestions above are great bars and places to visit. But the one problem is none of them are really places you go and spend hours and hours. Even Trader Sam's - as cools as it is - after an hour or so you're sort of in the been there/done that mode (unless you get to chatting with some folks and the night gets away from you).

So I'd be thinking about the progression of the night. Dinner in Epcot.... after dinner drinks at XXXX.... then fireworks or some park time. Since your dinner is in Epcot, I'd probably more than likely take the monorail over to a MK resort (Poly...Trader Sam's, GF Mizners, CR Calif Grill bar) for some drinks then plan to catch fireworks and even some later MK time (depending on how late park is open).

Alternatively, I LOVE Nomad so you could have dinner at Epcot then head over to AK.... assuming AK is open late enough (big wild card).

Let us know what you end up doing!

I have a different angle. How late do you want to stay out? All of the suggestions above are great bars and places to visit. But the one problem is none of them are really places you go and spend hours and hours. Even Trader Sam's - as cools as it is - after an hour or so you're sort of in the been there/done that mode (unless you get to chatting with some folks and the night gets away from you).

So I'd be thinking about the progression of the night. Dinner in Epcot.... after dinner drinks at XXXX.... then fireworks or some park time. Since your dinner is in Epcot, I'd probably more than likely take the monorail over to a MK resort (Poly...Trader Sam's, GF Mizners, CR Calif Grill bar) for some drinks then plan to catch fireworks and even some later MK time (depending on how late park is open).

Alternatively, I LOVE Nomad so you could have dinner at Epcot then head over to AK.... assuming AK is open late enough (big wild card).

Let us know what you end up doing!

This sounds like what we will probably do. I think we will end up going to Trader Sam's, and if we tire of it quickly we will come back and stop by AbracadaBar, perhaps catching IllumiNations after that...I think the show timing would work out just right for us to head back over that way, but we'll play that part by ear. And then back to reality as we pick up the little dude! I'll report back with what we end up choosing (this is on Wednesday) and what we thought of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter