Best 1 TS Lunch?

Brygida

DIS Veteran
What is the best 1 TS lunch at a resort?

What is the best 1 TS lunch at EPCOT (excluding Akershus, Teppanyaki, which I'm already certain of)?

Please consider food quality only, not noise, characters, etc.

I have an ADR for Whispering Canyon Cafe and Garden Grill, respectively, but have heard some negative responses for both.

Thanks!

Brygida said:
What is the best 1 TS lunch at a resort?

What is the best 1 TS lunch at EPCOT

Thanks!

Wow....a very good, but somewhat subjective question. However, thanks for posting it, as I'll be very interested in reading everyone's response....

IMHO, I haven't a resort answer, and Le Cellier respectively. ...but that's only me.

I would definitely KEEP Garden Grille. We eat there every trip, and are always very impressed by the food, which while "homey", is wonderfully prepared and perfectly seasoned. All you can eat is very nice, as well. (and for the record, though you did not want to consider it as a major factor, to me it is one of the quietest and more private TS park restaurants, and the character interaction is well paced while not being "too much").

Tepanyaki is okay. If you've had good tepan dining before, you can skip this one. I have also heard that certain selections are not available on the DP, so if you are gung-ho to try it, make sure you won't be disappointed by what you can order.

Coral Reef might also be a good epcot choice, though I would recommend it slightly off from the main lunch time as the dining room CAN get pretty loud (again, I know not your major concern, just thought I'd mention it). personally I'd try an 11 AM ADR or around 1:30. I really like this one because many of the offerings are lighter fare, which is good for an afternoon of rides or walking around in the sun in WS.

I can't say anything for the resort restaurants, we always eat at the parks. Have fun!

I'll agree with Mike on the LeCellier for your best Epcot lunch. But I don't think Boma serves lunch, do they? They're at the top of my list for resort dinners though! I think Kona Cafe serves a nice lunch. I haven't eaten at too many resorts at lunchtime though--I'm usually in the parks at that time.

Boma only serves breakfast and dinner. My favorite resort lunch would be Kona, MK lunch would be Liberty Tree Tavern, Epcot Garden Grill or Le Cellier--different from one another and for different reasons, Mama Melrose's at MGM, AK there is no TS that participates in the DDP.

LeCellier's French Dip Sandwhich, Cheese Soup and Raspberry Sorbet was the BEST Lunch I have EVER HAD!! :thumbsup2

Hmmmmm..... I am wondering how dinner this year will compare!
Catrin

I love the Garden Grill. We eat there every trip but this trip I am trying different things just to see what else is out there while I have the chance to. I am going to miss the Garden Grill though.

I would have to say Whispering Canyon at WL. We took a break at MK and got on a launch and had the best time there. We sat down and the server CM asked us where we were from-Canada- and he yelled out" hey, we have a bunch of Canadians here".....our lunch went on for two hours. We had great food but even better service.
In Epcot I would have to say Rose and Crown Restaurant. We love English style food. The Fish and Chips were great. My DH would probaly say Biergarden in Germany. I loved the Snitzel but most of all the band and the dancing my DD's and I did!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter