• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Beer. Mug vs Pre-Buy

When you buy the beer mug does it come filled up or is your first purchase the $15 for the mug plus $5.75 for the first fill up?

Thanks

When you buy the beer mug does it come filled up or is your first purchase the $15 for the mug plus $5.75 for the first fill up?

Thanks

You only get either a voucher for a mug or a mug. The beer is a separate charge.

We've done the packages before. They are delivered to your room, so if you want to drink it out and about, you gave to take it with you. You also can't have glass by the pools, so you need to get a plastic cup from the bar to put it in. It was kind of a pain because we weren't going to carry beers into bars or into dinner. A punch card would have been much nicer.

They must not enforce that very strictly. There were a couple beer stands by the main pools that would serve you the mug all the time. I also saw many persons sitting in lounges by the pool with the big mug.

Don't forget that, in the end, if you bought the mug then you also get a mug to bring home if you choose to do so, but when you buy cans/bottles the only thing you get to take home is a beer belly.

Exactly. I have my nightly beer with dinner at home from my DCL mug. It's a really nice souvenir, even without the break on the beer prices onboard.

I saw that but it's a huge thread and I'm having trouble navigating it. Thank you though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter