"Bed" question.

alyssa18o6

Disney Obsessed.
Okay, so i'm completely new to Disney resorts, as I've only been to Disney itself once, and stayed offsite. I'm confused on how the beds work... I get that Disney is a normally a "family" destination spot, so thats why the "standard" is two queen sized beds. But im sure couples visit too (not as much, I know) and i'm confused as to why you have to pay more for a single king sized bed?

My fiance and I are taking our honeymoon next June and I can't stomach paying an additional $40 a day for a single bed. I told him the two queens are fine, we have a queen at home and we're content. Plus this way too if he drives me crazy I can send him to the other bed haha! Im just curious as to why you can't pay for a standard room with a single bed like at a normal hotel.

Sorry for the dumb question, like I said i'm a newbie :confused:

:wave2: I'm a newbie too (compared to most others on this board!), but my guess is this is economics at work. A room with one bed (occupied by up to two people) is taking up the same space in the hotel as a room with two beds (occupied by up to four people (five with a cot)). The rooms with 4/5 people are spending more money on tickets, food and other vacation expenses than rooms with 2 people. So, you pay a bit more for the "luxury" of having a space that can accommodate 4 people for your party of 2.

I could be totally wrong about this. :confused3

Because they can. That's pretty much the answer for all of Disney's pricing (not trying to sound snarky)

I don't think a single bed in one room is "normal". At least in my travels that sort of set up is the exception, not the rule.

I know too that I just booked a hotel for my parents, and the king bed they wanted was an up-charge.

The moderates are the only ones to have king beds as a reservation category and a charge for it. Disney has learned what the most popular requests are and charge extra to get them (another example, preferred locations).

At the values & deluxes, king beds are a request only and there is no additional charge (but there is no guarantee to get it). I guess because there are not many of them. At the values, many of the king rooms are handicapped accessible.

At the DVC resorts, all studios have either 2 queens (OKW) or 1 queen and a double sofa bed (others). All 1, 2 & 3 bedrooms have a king in the master. Tree House Villas have a queen in the master.

-Because they can
-It is not uncommon
-It is only at the moderate resorts, otherwise king rooms are a request

Okay, so i'm completely new to Disney resorts, as I've only been to Disney itself once, and stayed offsite. I'm confused on how the beds work... I get that Disney is a normally a "family" destination spot, so thats why the "standard" is two queen sized beds. But im sure couples visit too (not as much, I know) and i'm confused as to why you have to pay more for a single king sized bed?

My fiance and I are taking our honeymoon next June and I can't stomach paying an additional $40 a day for a single bed. I told him the two queens are fine, we have a queen at home and we're content. Plus this way too if he drives me crazy I can send him to the other bed haha! Im just curious as to why you can't pay for a standard room with a single bed like at a normal hotel.

Sorry for the dumb question, like I said i'm a newbie :confused:

I don't get it either. I think all of our guesses here are just that, guesses.

With my reasoning, I would think they would charge you less...less people in the room, less cleaning involved, less linens, etc. But hey, what do I know. :confused3

Honestly, I've never seen such crazy pricing as with Disney resorts. In fact, it's gotten a little ridiculous...too many different rates, too many 'seasons', changes for weekday/weekend, king beds, bunk beds, the list goes on and on. Makes your head hurt. :faint:

I don't think a single bed in one room is "normal". At least in my travels that sort of set up is the exception, not the rule.

I know too that I just booked a hotel for my parents, and the king bed they wanted was an up-charge.

I should of clarified better what I meant by "normal" I apologize haha. Like when you book a regular hotel it'll ask you if you want one bed, or two beds and it's the same rate.

We ended up in our own room on a group trip last summer while staying at Pop and we were honestly super thankful there were two beds. Those full size beds are not quite big enough for the both of us. It doesn't help that we both toss like maniacs in our sleep. For our first trip to disney together we spent only about 3 hours of it romantically in bed together. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter