Be Our Guest Lunch - Swapping dessert for an appetizer?

Has anyone had any problems with dessert or drink swap for soup or salad? Meaning, you notice you actually were dinged for snack credits?
Can't speak for anyone else but I had no problems with it.

So if I were to use one counter service credit could I say order a sandwich and swap out the drink and dessert for two soups? Also, are their cups for ice water by the fountains or do we have to order that? I've been there before but can't remember how the ice water works.
Yep, you could order one sandwich and two soups for one QS credit! And they have self-serve water by the drinks. I'm not sure how they know people are taking water and not a paid drink, but oh well. It's their problem I guess.
We just grabbed our own water and it was no problem.

Yep! That's what we got! (Check out the DR link in my signature!) Soup, entree and dessert for one QS credit! :D
I have been getting such conflicting reports!!! I just preordered an entree, soup, and dessert and am really hoping it's covered by my DDP :)

I have been getting such conflicting reports!!! I just preordered an entree, soup, and dessert and am really hoping it's covered by my DDP :)

I wouldn't count on it. Even though this thread is from May of this year, the most recent reports are that you CANNOT sub your drink portion for ANYTHING at BoG. You need to be prepared to pay OOP for the soup or dessert if you want both of those. When you preorder, it does not know you are wanting to use a QSDP credit to pay for your meal.

The problem with subbing a drink at BOG is that the drinks are self-serve - there's no control over whether or not you actually bought a drink. Remember starting in January, there are no CS desserts to swap, either, so be prepared to use a snack credit for the soup.

I wouldn't count on it. Even though this thread is from May of this year, the most recent reports are that you CANNOT sub your drink portion for ANYTHING at BoG. You need to be prepared to pay OOP for the soup or dessert if you want both of those. When you preorder, it does not know you are wanting to use a QSDP credit to pay for your meal.

Agree. The drink now seems to be a mandatory part of a QS meal at BoG.

The problem with subbing a drink at BOG is that the drinks are self-serve - there's no control over whether or not you actually bought a drink. Remember starting in January, there are no CS desserts to swap, either, so be prepared to use a snack credit for the soup.

They could just keep the cups behind the register, that would at least minimise people taking drinks without paying for them. Then if people want water they get a different colour cup so it is obvious if they haven't paid for soda.

They could just keep the cups behind the register, that would at least minimise people taking drinks without paying for them. Then if people want water they get a different colour cup so it is obvious if they haven't paid for soda.
But they don't.

It is another part of the whole "how do you even think this is the best way to run a restaurant?" That is so frequent with BOG.

my family had lunch at BOG on 1/12. I had emailed Disney to ask if we would be able to swap our drink for a snack at that restuaruant and they said yes, as long as it is listed as a snack. Pre-ordered our meals with dessert and soups instead of drinks. When we arrived to check-in/pay I wanted to make sure that our drinks were being swapped with the desserts and soups and the lady at the counter said that they do not do that at BOG. I didn't want to ask for a manager/show the email because it just wasn't worth it at that moment so I asked to her cancel two of the desserts for drinks. However, there was still a mix up so we ended up getting the desserts anyways. So just beware that it sounds like it is hit or miss here, and maybe have an email ready in case you want to fight for it :)

my family had lunch at BOG on 1/12. I had emailed Disney to ask if we would be able to swap our drink for a snack at that restuaruant and they said yes, as long as it is listed as a snack. Pre-ordered our meals with dessert and soups instead of drinks. When we arrived to check-in/pay I wanted to make sure that our drinks were being swapped with the desserts and soups and the lady at the counter said that they do not do that at BOG. I didn't want to ask for a manager/show the email because it just wasn't worth it at that moment so I asked to her cancel two of the desserts for drinks. However, there was still a mix up so we ended up getting the desserts anyways. So just beware that it sounds like it is hit or miss here, and maybe have an email ready in case you want to fight for it :)

It is not hit or miss at BoG. Unfortunately, the hit or miss is with phone and emailed CMs who do not always know everything.

We received also the dessert for free last Sunday...had ordered drinks and dessert willing to pay oop for them, but got them included in our counter credit. It's a mess at the moment

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter