BCV recent pics

PamNC

DIS Veteran
anyone care to post pics (inside & Out) of the BCV. I'm going in October and need something to dream on......

Thanks!

PamNC

I got nothing... Except that I'd love to see some too!

We're staying there in Sept, and I can't seem to get enough. :surfweb:
;)

I'll reply and bump the thread and hopefully someone has something. I heard the BCV was renovated in 2009. I'd love to see them.

We're going 10/10 - 10/15.

PamNC

anyone been recently? do they still have the "busy" blue bedspreads or the white ones - and the new headboards now? We're renting a studio. Just wondering if it's been renovated....I like the new clean look but I'm not sure if that is just for the larger units.

Thanks!

PamNC

I would love to see recent BCV pics also, we are going Oct 1-10th and staying in a 1 bedroom. This is our first time at the BCV and looking forward to SAB and the F&W. Anyone out there with recent pics??!!

I have some, but I can't log on to photo bucket. I've been trying for a while, and will try again later...sorry! I'm also sorry to report that the rooms have not been renovated (and least not ours :confused3). I understand that the regular resort rooms have been, but not the DVC units. (Still the "busy blue" bedspreads as of Feb 2010.)

still the busy blue, huh? Oh well........

I'm sure we'll have a blast nonetheless. But, I do love that clean look

Ok, that was a pain . . . never had so much trouble with PhotoBucket. Anyway, here is what I have. These were taken in Feb. 2010.
20100218-DSC_0264.jpg
[/IMG]

Near the back entrance at night
20100218-DSC_0038.jpg
[/IMG]

Our HUGE balcony
20100219-DSC_0040.jpg
[/IMG]

The studio (I'm a fan of the resort, not the decor!!)
20100219-DSC_0042.jpg
[/IMG]

20100219-DSC_0044.jpg
[/IMG]

20100219-DSC_0045.jpg
[/IMG]

Interesting lobby furniture...seemed cormfortable though...
20100219-DSC_0087.jpg
[/IMG]

Hope these helped : )

Ahhh - I see. Thank you. Overall, did you like the resort? How comfy is the bed?? I've stayed at BC before, but not the villas. Very excited. I wonder do all the villas have patios or balconies?

Great pics - cute kids!

PamNC

Thanks!
Yes, I think all the villas have a balcony or patio. Ours was really huge-could have had 15 people on it - easily. We were in a handicap accessible room, so I think that explained the extra large balcony--from the outside, it was one of the rooms in the curve. We did not request it, we were on a wait list for BCV or BWV, so I didn't complain (even though the bathroom did not have the "traditional conveniences" like storage (none!) and enclosed shower (floor was always wet).

The bed was fine--it is a little hard for me to judge as I had spent the previous 3 nights on an old pull-out bed at my in-laws "coach" in Venice, FL. (One of which awake with a food-poisoned DD) Any real bed would have made me happy! :rotfl: The kids had no trouble at all with the pull-out at BCV.

Overall, we really did enjoy the resort. I was disappointed in the decor (I like it at SSR much better and toured AKV, which I loved). It was "busy" and I've never been a fan of wicker furniture :rotfl2: It was a little worn, but very clean. The location is perfect-none better. I would stay here again in a second over BLT as Epcot is our whole family's favorite park, and HS is the kids 2nd fav. I wish they had a true QS restaurant somewhere on the BW. At BCV, there is a small counter service, but it's limited. Our trip was somewhat last minute and I couldn't get most of the ADRs I wanted. We "settled" for the buffet Garden Grove at the Swan one night for dinner and feel like we found a hidden gem. The food was good and we had Goofy and Pluto almost all to ourselves. If you have kids, the pirate cruise they do is fun--they sneak into Epcot on their hunt for treasure. You said you've been before, so you know all about SAB! In the end, BCV is on our short list for a future visit!!! We will return someday...

We also had a huge balcony (studio 560), but I requested a larger balcony. If you look at TinkerKelley's pictures, we were across the way in the balconies that are pushed out. If you have a room request, and balcony is important ask for a larger balcony, we were thrilled with ours!

DH did not like the bed, he felt it was too firm. I thought it was firm as well. DD slept on the pullout and loved her big bed! I sat on it and didn't feel like it was bad, felt cozy.

We have some pictures of BCV, I just am on my work computer and can't get to them right now.

BCV is beautiful, we truly fell in love with it! We stayed at BLT in Sept and loved BCV more. We are trying to buy DVC there!!!

Have a great trip!

Yes - the Garden Grove is a hidden treasure. Especially for breakfast. Yummy. I'm a little un-inspired by the decor but I'm getting a great rate from an owner. $900 for 5 nights. That's $180 a night and can't be beat!! I've stayed at the Beach Club several times, and the YC once. So, I'm very excited about this!! I think the rack rate is $390 so this is a great way to go for me. Trying to save $$. That's almost 50% off.

Don't have kids - it's just me and BF. He loves to make smoothies - so I'm hoping they have a blender.

Love balconies - think I'll ask the owner if I can request it. Can you request an Epcot view as well or does that cost more? Shoot - I'd pay more to get that.

Thanks to all!

October 10th can't get here soon enough.

PamNC

I am going to paste all my pics from my BCV thread here for you all to look at. I took all of these pictures June 2009.

Welcome HOME !! All my Beach Club Friends :thumbsup2

HWS6-17-09103.jpg

Ariel Photo OP:
HWS6-17-09064.jpg

The Doors to OUR Dream House !

HWS6-17-09105.jpg

For all us owners and for all who pray for availability at the 7 month mark -- Here is a photo tour of the BCV.

Inside the doorway are these lovely pictures on both sides of the walkthrough:

HWS6-17-09062.jpg

As you enter you see this lovely table with flowers awaiting your return :

disneyworld2009301.jpg

I like to think of this flower table as the middle of our wheel of choices. You know how the Imagineers love the wheel and spoke system. :love:

If you turn to your right and take that path you will end up in "The Drawing Room" - please let your kids know that there are not any crayons and no drawing is actually being done :lmao:

disneyworld2009301.jpg

On the left side of the room is this Doll House:

HWS6-17-09060.jpg

HWS6-17-09111.jpg

This is also on the left side of the room:

HWS6-17-09061.jpg

Looking straight forward in to the room there is a tv and all sorts of little chairs to relax in :

HWS6-17-09110.jpg

Now we walk back out to the flowers and the center of our wheel. If we take the path to the left we end up going into "The Breezeway"

HWS6-17-09059.jpg

As you look to your left there are these small chairs for sitting:

HWS6-17-09058.jpg

Then we have a nice couch flanked by beautiful shelves:

HWS6-17-09056.jpg

Up above a painting of our beloved property:

HWS6-17-09055.jpg

The corner of the left side of the room:

HWS6-17-09057.jpg

This is the right side of the room :

HWS6-17-09117.jpg

If you walk through these doors in "The Breezeway" you end up outside at "The Quiet Pool"

disneyworld2009300.jpg

HWS6-17-09116.jpg

HWS6-17-09115.jpg

We now return to the flower table ( middle of wheel :thumbsup2) and we walk staight forward :

This will lead us to this beautiful arrangement on the wall in front of us :

disneyworld2009294.jpg

On the left wall there is this picture:

disneyworld2009299.jpg

On the right wall there are these elevators to take you to your Villa:

disneyworld2009298.jpg

Before heading into our Villa lets stop by and look at the laundry room:

disneyworld2009295.jpg

Even a place to sit and watch tv if you get dizzy from watching the dryer spin !!

disneyworld2009296.jpg

If you are lucky enough to be in Villa #422
Here it is :lmao:

disneyworld2009293.jpg

This is a picture of our balcony:

disneyworld2009285.jpg

This is the view to the left :

disneyworld2009286.jpg

disneyworld2009292.jpg

View straightforward:

disneyworld2009287.jpg

Down below:
disneyworld2009291.jpg

And Paris France to our right:

disneyworld2009289.jpg

And courtesy of Simba's Mom ---- Fireworks at night right from the balcony !!

DSCF0358.jpg

Pictures of The Property:

This is the Solarium from the outside:

HWS6-17-09063.jpg

Inside the Solarium: ( This is inside the main building.)- The TV is huge

disneyworld2009305.jpg

disneyworld2009306.jpg

This is the hallway that leads from the Solarium to the greater part of the Main Buliding:

disneyworld2009307.jpg

HWS6-17-09067.jpg

When you make a right off of the long hallway you end up in the Grand Lobby :

HWS6-17-09068.jpg

HWS6-17-09102.jpg

Here are random shots taken of the outdoors:

HWS6-17-09069.jpg

HWS6-17-09070.jpg

HWS6-17-09071.jpg

HWS6-17-09076.jpg

HWS6-17-09077.jpg

HWS6-17-09078.jpg

When you stay at OUR House -- You can walk to Epcot

HWS6-17-09088.jpg

HWS6-17-09090.jpg

Storm Along BAY : The Happy PLACE !!

disneyworld2009a011.jpg

disneyworld2009a012.jpg

disneyworld2009a013.jpg

disneyworld2009a015.jpg

disneyworld2009a018.jpg

The Slide:

HWS6-17-09081.jpg

Movies on the Beach :THIS IS NOT A CURRENT LIST OF MOVIES -- MAKE SURE TO CHECK TIMES AND MOVIES ON ARRIVAL !!

HWS6-17-09080.jpg

disneyworld2009a025.jpg

Beaches n' Cream

beachesncream.jpg

Here are some pictures of the inside :

disneyworld2009a026.jpg

THE Lights:

disneyworld2009a027.jpg

disneyworld2009a028.jpg

The No WAY Jose :
NoWayJose.jpg

The Kitchen Sink:

disneyworld2008086.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter