• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BC transp. by taxi to MK

NancyinCt

Earning My Ears
Taxi info to theme park

Hi,

I am planning PS and I've heard that bus transp. may not get us there on time. We'll be at the BC and going to MK for PS at Crystal Palace, we won't have a car, and they are not on EMH days. From reading transportation messages, the bus can start running anywhere from 1 hr (if EMH) 1/2- :45 mins. before opening. With this info. I guess the best thing to do is take a taxi.

However, since this is going to be the first time I am running into this dilemma, I'm really not sure how to handle it and with who.

1st. Who do I see to call for a cab? Front desk, bell service?
or am I on my own?

2nd. How soon do I get the taxi or call before it actually comes,
with taking into acct the 10-15 mins, I need to be at the
rest. before the PS time? Giving enough time to go thru
security, gate and down the street.

3rd Approx. what the fees are, and is the fee including tx?
Are the fees per person or by car? There will be 3 of us.

4th. Where does the taxi drop us off? Is the drop off anywhere
near where the bus stops are at the parks?

One last question. I do have a PS on an EMH day at a resort, knowing that I have to go to the closest park, and take the monorail to the resort, how long would this adventure take, so I can make the PS in enough time to make it there within the 10 to 15 mins. needed? BC to Grand Fla. for 9:00 on a Weds. EMH time.

I would really appreciate any info in regards to this dilemma, or who I can contact to find the answers?

Thanking you in advance

Nancy in Ct.

:confused: :confused: Hopefully :) :)

Hi Nancy,
I can't answer all your questions but maybe a few. First of all, the bus would probably work just fine for you. They start running about an hour before the park opens and will drop you off at the entrance to MK. A cab will drop you off at the MK parking lot and you will have to take the monorail to MK. Cabs are onsite all the time. Just ask valet service to call you one. We never waited more than a couple of minutes for one. The fares are comparable to cab service just about anywhere. You don't pay a fare per person - 3 or 4 people is the same fare as 1. We use cabs a lot at WDW and find them reasonable and very convenient.

1st. Who do I see to call for a cab? Front desk, bell service?
or am I on my own?

The valet will call for you. You can call the valet from your room and request it--and it will be there waiting when you get to the front--do'nt delay too long or they;ll give your cab to someone else.

2nd. How soon do I get the taxi or call before it actually comes,
with taking into acct the 10-15 mins, I need to be at the
rest. before the PS time? Giving enough time to go thru
security, gate and down the street.

I've never waited more than 15 minutes, usually within five.

3rd Approx. what the fees are, and is the fee including tx?
Are the fees per person or by car? There will be 3 of us.

No tax, per car. Keep in mind that they can not take you directly to the MK. I'd plan on going to the CR and walking or the GF and taking the monorail. Plan on about $20 including the tip.

4th. Where does the taxi drop us off? Is the drop off anywhere
near where the bus stops are at the parks?

It can't you closer than the TTC, or to one of the monorail resorts.

I'm pretty sure the busses start running in plenty of tiem to get you there. I'd be at the stop 80 minutes before the park opens. one nice thing they will let you into the MK before everyone else, and it's like having it to yourself. (no rides of course, but jsut walking down Main Street) Go to the far LEFT turnstyle at the MK.

Anne

NancyinCT,

You may want to try and post your questions on the transportation board for Chip-n-Dale Express (Tyler) he will be more than happy to get you your answers, he is a Disney CM Bus Driver.

Hello All,

Thanks for your replies, I have moved it also to Transportation.

Nancy in CT

:) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter