Barnstormer for a 2-year old

Went when she was just shy of 3 and my daughter looooved it! When we back a year and a half later she was rocking all the big coasters. We did wrap our arms around her for peace of mind.

My twins loved it at 2 1/2. I'm trying to remember if they went on it for the first time just before they turned 2 or the next trip which was a little over 2 1/2, but they've always loved this ride. They are very active thrill seekers though.

We took our son on it when he was 23 months, he had a blast and enjoyed it. Just depends on if you think your child would enjoy it. He is gonna be tall enough at 3 years old to ride mine train and I fully intend on attempting that ride as well. But my son loves and enjoys those types of rides. I had a great grip on him for sure though because the lap bar only goes so far down.

My little guy was just shy of 2 when he first rode it (he's a monster) and loved it, asked to go back on again. Then when he rode it at 3 he wasn't as huge a fan and claimed it was too fast. We knew not to go near the other coasters then despite him being tall enough for most of them.

Mine absolutely LOVED Barnstormer at 2, and before she turned 3 was old enough for 7DMT and loved that too. She doesn't like the indoor dark rides though, now at almost 5 she'll ride any roller coaster but will skip ToT and Dinosaur any day!

The 1st time we went on that was when #3 was about 3 1/2 and he hated it. I thought he would love it and since it was our 1st time on it, I didn't know it goes as fast as it does. So yeah...that was the last time we've been on it, lol. He's 5 now and would do fine on it now I'm sure. I do think 2 1/2 is a bit young though.

Our daughter, at 2.5, loved it! The video of her squealing with delight is a favorite from that trip. We ended up riding multiple times in a row.

My daughter is very sensitive and cautious, but I also know that she loves many things that she is initially afraid of (e.g. tall slides, power wheels, etc). We took her to a local county fair with carnival rides a few months before Disney. One ride was a mini-coaster (a short oval track with two hills - slower and shorter than Barnstormer, but it would do as a test). She loved that ride, so I felt comfortable putting Barnstormer into the plan. I scheduled it as the last attraction before our break, just in case she didn't like it and would need time to regroup.

My 2 year old dd LOVED Barnstormer too and she is not the adventurous type. I think watching her 4 year old sister go on it first, helped.

My 2 year old is a daredevil and I fully intend on allowing him to ride barnstormer this summer.

It really depends on the kid. My oldest loved BS at 2. She declared it her favorite ride. At 6, her favorite ride is now Everest. My youngest said she didn't want to ride it at two. We didn't make her. We didn't even get in line with her.

My daughter was 2.5 when she tried barnstormer and loved it! She's a thrill ride kind of kid though.

My 2.5 year old just measured in at 35.5 inches at her 2.5 year old appointment and she has been talking about going on a rollercoaster nonstop. So we're going to give it a try!

Plan on taking our youngest DD who turned three a few weeks ago on Barnstormer and 7DMT. She is our dramatic one though, so she is either going to absolutely love it or absolutely hate it :laughing:.

3 of my 4 rode it and loved it at 2.5. my oldest didn't go for the 1st time until 5....Lol. now I will say if they scare easy on slower rides then I wouldn't try. Don't pick this as their 1st few rides. Have a great trip

Totally depends on the kid, but my 4 year old is scared of it. It rides like an old coaster and is very jolty. He would much rather go on any of the other actual big rides. But my 2 year old just sits on it and stares and it doesn't even phase him. So it obviously varies based on the kid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter