"Bad Tables" at CRT???

hart6066

DIS Veteran
Hi! This will be our first time at CRT, and I was wondering if there are any "bad" places to sit that we should try to avoid? We went to Akershus for the first time last year and sat right by the buffet table in the corner, which was fine, but at the end I realized that the main dining room looks more like a castle. Just curious if there is anything like that at CRT. We'll be a table of 4. Thank you!

I like the tables by the windows at CRT. They make for much prettier pictures with the princesses. That said though, I don't think you can request a table in a certain area. Anyone else know????

We sat in the main dining hall part of Akershus in 2004 and it was SO pretty. We've been back 3 times since and been over by the buffet all 3 times. Our last time was the WORST being right NEXT to the buffet. I asked if we could have a different table, and was told no. It was an awful table, not a pretty location, and we could barely move. Fortunately the princesses were great!

I did ask to be seated by the windows when we were there in Sept/Oct. and they did. However, we had the first ADR time and I think that helped. I definitely think I had the best table. We were by the windows and once the Princesses were announced, they came directly to our table! Couldn't have gotten any better, especially since DD3 LOVES the princesses!

possibly wait. I asked for a window seat two trips ago. We had an early ADR but obviously not early enough. The window seats were full. I guess we could have waited an hour or so but that seemed excessive.

There is no buffet so you won't have the same issue as at Askerhus. I suppose the door to the kitchen could be bad.

Window seats are great but I have never had a bad table here and have been here many of times.

Have been many times and sat in all the different areas I think. No bad tables although we have twice been seated by the windows overlooking Cinderella's carousel and it is beautiful. Beware sitting there at breakfast time though we nearly jumped out of our skins when a man walked by the window (cleaning the windows LOL but we nearly all choked on our food.)

I have an 8:05 a.m. breakfast reservation on a 9:00 a.m. park opening day. I assume that this is one of the first reservation times for that day. We are a party of two--do you think we would have a good chance of getting a window seat if we request it?

Thanks.

I have an 8:05 a.m. breakfast reservation on a 9:00 a.m. park opening day. I assume that this is one of the first reservation times for that day. We are a party of two--do you think we would have a good chance of getting a window seat if we request it?

Thanks.

Your chances of sitting there are very good. I've eaten there as a part of 24 5 times. 4 of those times we were at the same table by the windows. I have never requested a specific table there. Let us know how it goes. If you request a specific table or area, do you do that when you make the ADR or when you check in? Because my understanding was that they had people assigned to tables well in advance.

We were first in line for lunch last September. They chose my daughter to open the restaurant, so we go to step into the library ahead of everyone else. There was a large group with 2 tables requesting to be by each other. The CM's were all in a dither trying to figure out how to move people aroud to accommodate them. It led me to believe that was all assigned everyone ahead of time......

To be honest, there just aren't that many 2-top tables, and one is by the window, so you will probably be fine....

Because my understanding was that they had people assigned to tables well in advance.

I believe that's true. I had made ADRs there for our family of four right at the 180-day mark. We were the second family called, and were given a window table. Same thing happened at HDDR, where I know seats are pre-assigned. I made our ressies very early on, and we had perfect seats right in the center of the floor.

We had a table that was the first one right as you came up the spiral stair case. It was near where the hostess' stood. It was not quite in the way but we felt a bit exposed.

We ate there on NYE several years ago. We were at the first table next to hostess stand by elevator and top of spiral staircase. It was plain awful. I would specifically ask not to be in that area. By the way, we had 530 ADRs were party of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids). We asked to be moved and were told there were no tables available, even though at that time only half of the dining room was seated. All night long, people were placed in tables around us. Each table complained and asked to be moved. The hostess said "If you wanted to be part of the main room, then you should have requested it at check in. Sorry." We haven't been back.

We had a table that was the first one right as you came up the spiral stair case. It was near where the hostess' stood. It was not quite in the way but we felt a bit exposed.

We too had the first table at the top of the stairs to the right as you enter the dining area... I sat in the booth with DD 6 and DH sat on the chair side with DS2, (no way could both kids sit on the outside as they suggested- hello? he is 2, he is in a highchair, and even with DH sitting with him as his helper, he stabbed each princess when they arrived with his sword)--
anywho--- DD6 got up to do pics with each princess and DS when they came around and several of the pics where way over exposed from the morning sun coming through the windows behind them... and I am not a new user to the camera, it is dslr, and after I made some adjustments the pics were fine.

So just be aware of the light saturation.

Thanks.

Not sure if a prior request makes any difference whatsoever to be honest. The twice we have been given a window seat we had a 8.05am reservation and were the first to check in. In my experience if you are desparate for this table walk straight up main street without pausing for photo opportunities and head to check in and you will probably get the table of your dreams (but no empty park photos;).)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter