BA World Traveller plus cabin size change

Fuzzymarkone

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has recently flown on BA2037 or BA2036 in the world traveller plus cabin?

I had booked a seat in row 16 for both flights, but my outbound flight BA2037 they have moved my seat and the cabin now only goes up to row 15. However I still have the row 16 seat on the inbound flight.

So I was curious if it is one of a couple of possible reasons:
1). It is still 16 rows in reality.
2). It is now 15 rows and they are going to move my inbound flight.
3). Just the out bound has had a aircraft change.
4). Unlikely but hopefully, they have started upgrading the Gatwick fleet seating.

Best guess is you have had an equipment swap between two versions of the 777. Likely going from a 777-300 to a 777-200. It happens. My last flight to Orlando I had an equipment swap between an A330 and 787 and people were losing their minds because of the seats being slightly different.

Best guess is you have had an equipment swap between two versions of the 777. Likely going from a 777-300 to a 777-200. It happens. My last flight to Orlando I had an equipment swap between an A330 and 787 and people were losing their minds because of the seats being slightly different.

Yup that is most likely, Seat guru also has the 3 class Gatwick aircraft only showing up to row 15, yet one would have thought to go with the official BA seat plan instead... oh well.
Fingers crossed dont get my return flight seat moved, as of today only a couple of free seats showing and they are either seats D or E >.< but with couple weeks until then, should still have those that are waiting until check in. So likely is a full cabin.

Asked one of the cabin crew about it and it was a swap due to the flight time, Im guessing the LGW-MCO route is quite close to the swap over point.
With the weather we have had this week and the location of the jetstream must have tipped it over.
she said there is a staffing limit point at 13 hours and thus they needed an aircraft with bunks. Hence the swap to an extended range aircraft.

This happened to us last May. We paid the money to book row 16 for myself, my wife and 3yo daughter. Got all the way through to printing off backup docs 2 days before flying before finding out they'd not only moved us, but put us on 3 different rows. Numerous phone calls got nowhere as apparently no one had authority to move anyone as it was fully booked, and was told to speak to the check in desk the morning of the flight. Got there early, and the guy on the desk was eventually able to put us in the same row, but still seperated. Then when we boarded we spoke to the people who were sat between us who were happy to swap to the window seats so that we could all sit together. Never got the money back for the wasted pre-booking seats though, as the T&Cs state that specific seats aren't guaranteed. Kind of makes a mockery of the service tbh.

This happened to us last May. We paid the money to book row 16 for myself, my wife and 3yo daughter. Got all the way through to printing off backup docs 2 days before flying before finding out they'd not only moved us, but put us on 3 different rows. Numerous phone calls got nowhere as apparently no one had authority to move anyone as it was fully booked, and was told to speak to the check in desk the morning of the flight. Got there early, and the guy on the desk was eventually able to put us in the same row, but still seperated. Then when we boarded we spoke to the people who were sat between us who were happy to swap to the window seats so that we could all sit together. Never got the money back for the wasted pre-booking seats though, as the T&Cs state that specific seats aren't guaranteed. Kind of makes a mockery of the service tbh.

As long as it was caused by BA, always worth putting in the form to claim a refund.
Am still having issues with one of my suitcases this time round, a week now since returning.
BA great when everything is fine, but a small issue and it all goes to pot.

This happened to us for our upcoming flight in May. We had paid to books seats in advance and were in row 16, two seats on their own, window and aisle. Found out while checking connection times that our seats had changed to middle and aisle, which doesn't work for us at all.

No one on the phone could help, seats were all fully booked, we ended up locked out of our booking for 2 days, and it was a pretty frustrating experience all round. Thankfully they did refund the price we paid to prebook those seats. We've ended up paying to upgrade to ensure we get seats that are better for us, couldn't even upgrade using Avios. The whole experience had us rethinking who we fly with going forward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter