• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

[B]Disneyshopping.com Grrrrr!![/B]

wekhogan

Looking for a good book to read
Does anyone else get sales emails from disneyshopping.com, only to check the sale and ALWAYS find something they just bought - only now it's on sale. I can't even open the emails anymore I am so tired of it!

YES!!! Seriously, eveyrone who is aggravated needs to let them know. I am going to make sure I let them know in every way I can, and to the highest ranking management of mydissatisfaction.

If everyone did this, they would have to take care of the problem.

Anyone care to join me??

I just wait for the sales. Got all the Thanksgiving pins I wanted at deep discounts. Bought a whole pile of pin sets to break apart for trading. They all arrived yesterday. Got DA pins for $4.19.

We all know (or should know) that DisneyShopping does this. Increases end of year sales. And irritates a lot of people.

Just like when special event pins (Family Pin Trading/MSSHP/MVMCP) go out on the racks after the event is over.

I don't understand what the complaint is about. Everyone has sales and of course disneyshopping.com is the same. Just wait for the sales. But of course if you wait too long the item you want may be gone. That is what happened to me. I went to order the fireplace screen and it sold out:-(.

If the sale is a lot better than what you just paid, you can always send it back and reorder with the sale prices. Just figure the difference between the price and what you will have to pay to ship it back.

Everyone does not have sales like this. I got royally reamed w/ those disney houses!! Not to mention other things I have bought. They go on sale MORE b4 my shipment even goes out. I'm soooo nervous to rec'v anything from then incase it is broken, or mis-shipped etc. I have rec'd my last shipment from them and am taking myself off the email list.

I too don't get the agrevation over things going on sale. Just because YOU bought the item does not mean that Disney can not decide to put that item on sale. If you want to buy it on sale then buy it when it goes on sale.

I just found out the 80 dollar luggage I bought went on sale for 35 bucks!! I think they should do price adjustments, but they stopped doing them in October.

Yeah it aggravates me.

I don't see their practice any different than the stores at my mall. You take a chance when you wait for something to go on sale. Will it sell out? It all depends how badly you want something. Sometimes the things I get at my mall get put on the clearance rack. I don't dig out my receipts and go and do a price adjustment. I take it with a grain of salt. Next time I'll get a great bargain. There are many things I've bought at disneydirect at almost full price and I'm still happy with them, even if they get marked down later. There are things I've waited to be marked down, only to find them not available in my size. I am very happy with all of the sales at disneydirect and loved that they offered so many bargains this year, along with so many discounts and codes. I only hope it continues. Would I return my ceramic Christmas tree that I bought for full price ($79.99) with a 25% discount making it $59.99, no way, and yes I get free return shipping--even though it's now marked down to $39.99. It's give and take. I have my fingers crossed that disneydirect sticks around and is not bought up by the Children's Place. I had heard a rumor that the Disney Catalog was going to go away in 2006. I would be lost without this website, but would save a ton of money.

A sale once in a while is great. ONCE IN A WHILE. They don't just have a sale every so often it is constantly. Its frustrating to order something on sale and then the next day it goes down even more. No stores in my mall cut or raise prices as quickly as they do.

I am also not thrilled that the return deadline for a lot of my purchases is so soon. I was livid when the holiday houses cost DH 60. more than they would have if he had ordered that later that same eveing (went on sales hours after the order was placed). I went ahead and ordered a second set, intending to send the originals back, but now that I've seen how very lovely (and fragile!) they are, I'm glad I got a second set. My 3 DDs and DH tend to break everything they come into contact with, so I'm thrilled to have a backup! I also got the WOD Xmas tree that went on sale for 39.99. I paid more for it, but again, ordered another when it went down to 40 (and got an additional 30% off). I think these crazy sales at DS.com was a ploy to get people to order frantically, before the sale deadline, then introduce another sale to get more people to order frantically again. I wonder how many people actually go back and recheck the sales on things they've already ordered. I'm guessing its not a lot. Maybe we've all just been ordering too much from them????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter