• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

[B]anyone use a pal mickey?[/B]

savannahjean85

going to college to one day work for the mouse
I was thinking of getting aal mickey for when we go. Has anyone used one and are they really helpful/fun with touring the parks?

We borrowed one and I'm glad we did. When we got to WDW, DH wanted to buy one, but I told him to wait and use the other one first to see if we liked it. We used it for Epcot and MK. The second day Pal Mickey stayed in the car. You might try to borrow one first if you can. Not sure if we would like the newer one or not.

I have one. I really love it but it is a pain to carry around the parks with. I almost lost it on Rockin' Rollercoaster. He was haning outside of the car.

I have one. I really love it but it is a pain to carry around the parks with. I almost lost it on Rockin' Rollercoaster. He was haning outside of the car.

I hope you scolded him about hangin' out at such a wild coaster!

;)

It's fun for the first couple of days but after that the novelty wears off. We do still bring ours for the kids.

I have one I bought a few years ago. I found it a pain to carry around.:headache: It is not like we don't have enough to carry! So I have not brought it back the last couple of trips.

That said, my DGD loves him and so I am bringing him this trip! Her only experience with MM is the pal mickey as her parents won't let her watch TV or DVDs until she is two - something about brain waves and brain development... they are the parents, so they are the boss - it is why they love their DM/DMIL:love: I am planning to velcro her stroller and the Pal Mickey so he faces forward when she is not holdong him - which I expect to be most of the time:lmao:

we enjoy ours, as far as how helpfull he is, I am not sure about that. We bring him everyday of our trip. This year he even got the pirate outfit and the rain poncho for our upcoming trip.

Go figure,we do not carry any bags or such into the park but we do carry Mickey :)

Pal Mickey is awesome:cheer2: He tells corny jokes, lets you know when lines at certain rides are short and gives you interesting general info about the parks. We're taking our PM's with us in October and even have budgeted for a couple of new outfits.:yay:

Helpful? not really.
Fun & interesting? Absolutely, especially if you have kids.

We've taken ours on two different trips and loaned him out to friends for two other trips. He'll come back down with us in 18 days!!! He tells corny jokes & plays a Disney Trivia game to help entertain your kids (and the crowd around that can hear) while you're all waiting in line. He gives you the most interesting facts as you walk from country to country in the World Showcase. And he remembers what he just told you, so he doesn't repeat himself as you make a second pass through Epcot. He does tell you if a ride near you has a short wait time or if there is a character greeting going on somewhere in your park. He comes with a clip, so we've attached him to our waistband or belt if our daughter ever got tired of carrying him (which wasn't often). You can also hang him from a lanyard, but I think that would be awkward.

We absolutely love him!!! We loaned it to some friends that went a couple months ago and they thought it was great!!!!!!!!!

My DD took her water bottle lanyard and hooked it to the clip to carry him by.

Barb :)

Iheard about him for our last trip and ds (4.5) carried him for 5 days! He even selected his shorts based on which ones he could best hang mickey from. We just had to have outfits for him, and he is going as a pirate to the pirate party and the halloween party (although ds requires different costumes, lol)! Speaking of which, he needs new batteries before we leave this week!!!!

How much is he in the parks? I just requested my disney dollars sent from my visa so I've got free money to burn! :banana:

Also, my kids are older - 8&11 so I'll probably just buy it for myself and share with them. Will we all be able to hear him? Or do you have to hold him close and one of us might not catch it? Does he just start talking or do you have to press something when you want a little tidbit?

We take our Pal Mickey with us every time we go. We sure do love him. We even have different outfits for him to wear. We just think he's cute and fun to have around.

Pal Mickey really is a lot of fun, as long as you don't mind carrying him around. For me it is not a hardship to carry him and he is quite entertaining. I think some would find him annoying.

How much is he in the parks? I just requested my disney dollars sent from my visa so I've got free money to burn! :banana:

Also, my kids are older - 8&11 so I'll probably just buy it for myself and share with them. Will we all be able to hear him? Or do you have to hold him close and one of us might not catch it? Does he just start talking or do you have to press something when you want a little tidbit?

A new Pal Mickey costs $65 plus tax.
Where can he be found at that price?

New Pal Mickey can be bought at DTD at World of Disney.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at DTD at Once Upon a Toy.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop in All Star Sports.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop in All Star Music.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop in All Star Movies.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop in Pop Century.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop in Animal Kingdom Lodge.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop in Coronado Springs Resort.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop in Saratoga Springs Resort.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop in the Poly.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop in the Contemporary.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop in Wilderness Lodge.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshops (both) in Ft. Wilderness.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop in the Grand Floridian.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop in Caribbean Beach.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop in Swan.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop in Dolphin.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop in Beach Club.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop in Yacht Club.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop(s) in Port Orleans.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop in Boardwalk Shops.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop(s) in Epcot.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop(s) in MK.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop(s) in DAK.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the giftshop(s) in D/MGM Studios.
New Pal Mickey can be bought at the Disney giftshop(s) in Orlando Airport.

I've only listed a few of the places at WDW to buy a new Pal Mickey.
I hope you can find him.

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter