Awkward sleeping arrangement

The next cheapest is Caribbean Beach because they have a fifth sleeper though I'm not sure even my shortest daughter at 5'4" would fit.

Just to let you know my experience with this. I'm 6'2 near 300 pounds and I slept on the pull down at CBR for a week. I slept just fine too. Wasn't as comfortable as the beds, and my feet hung off a bit when stretched out (luckily I mostly sleep with my legs curled), but I had absolutely no issues getting a good night sleep.

Well budget is a concern but at the same time this is most likely the last time we will all be able to do this for awhile. That being said I wanted to as cost effectively as possible come up with accommodations that would cover the most important aspects. I am a saver which is the biggest reason that we can go on this trip. But I also learned that sometimes other things are more important than the bottom line. I want us to enjoy the trip and not be uncomfortable because the bed is too small or we are grossed out sleeping with our brother (the girls) or worse our mother (my poor son)! I can cut corners other ways such as buying gift cards at target and ordering some groceries and maybe just waiting for 4 or 5years until the next trip. P.S. I don't drink coffee so the coffee maker would be for the kids. I'm strictly tea and diet cola.

I would do two rooms at a Value resort. I really think this is your best option. You get four beds and two bathrooms. I don’t think you will be sorry.

I guess I don't understand why four adults can't share two queen beds, esp. if budget is a concern.

I'm in my 30s. So is my brother. We aren't sharing a bed together even if budget is a concern. Unless my mother is ill and we are visiting her and there is one bed in a 25 mile radius of us and no couch to sleep on then MAYBE we will share a bed. I'll figure out a way to get extra money if budget is that tight or just not go at all.

Because everyone has their own values. The only person I'll share a bed with...and it's a king size one...is DW. Won't share one with my kids (unless it was absolutely mandatory) or anyone else. YMMV.

I'm in my 30s. So is my brother. We aren't sharing a bed together even if budget is a concern. Unless my mother is ill and we are visiting her and there is one bed in a 25 mile radius of us and no couch to sleep on then MAYBE we will share a bed. I'll figure out a way to get extra money if budget is that tight or just not go at all.

Yeah, I just think it's weird that people would sexualize sleeping in a bed with another person. It has nothing to do with values. It's a piece of furniture being used for sleep. I've shared a bed on trips with people many times and never thought twice about it. I guess everyone has their hangups.

Hi again! Thanks for all the ideas. Some I had already considered and others I hadn't thought of. Anyway, finally got to talk to my kids after twisting myself in knots about what to do. The consensus was that they want to spend as much time in the parks as possible and the faster we get there the better! The two older kids are going to kick in a bit more and I will try to overcome my extreme tendency to be cheap. The winner is two rooms at Pop Century. It has a dedicated bus line and possibly the skyl iner by then. It's a little more than all star music but the rooms have been refurbished and now has coffee makers! So not the absolute cheapest but it covers all the things we find most important. Thanks for all the ideas!
I think you made a good choice. A bed for everyone and two bathrooms. POP is a fun resort and it’s very easy to walk to and from AoA if you find that you want to try their CS restaurant or if you’re leaving a park and the AoA bus arrives first.

Yeah, I just think it's weird that people would sexualize sleeping in a bed with another person. It has nothing to do with values. It's a piece of furniture being used for sleep. I've shared a bed on trips with people many times and never thought twice about it. I guess everyone has their hangups.
Nothing “sexual” about it. I wouldn’t be comfortable sleeping that closely to anyone. Heck, even my husband and I sleep in a king size bed so that we aren’t rolling into each other during the night.

I wasn't thinking about anything sexual. I have shared a bed with my little brother plenty of times when we were kids but we are adults now. My brother is a big guy. I don't want him breathing on me, or touching me with his legs or rolling over onto my side of the bed. It's a miracle I sleep with my SO every night without killing him. LOL So there's no way I'm sleeping with my brother, son or daughter. No thanks!

My kids are 19 and 13 and have asked that they not have to sleep in the same bed for extended trips. One night if they MUST is ok but not for a week.

Some people just like their space.

I'd look into renting DVC points. A 2BR would give you togetherness and some privacy plus multiple bathrooms.
We have stayed both off and on site and the big drawback of staying offsite with multiple adults is that if you only rent 1 vehicle, everyone has to come and go together. That can be annoying. Staying onsite gives everyone the freedom to come and go as they please.

Renting points for a 2 bedroom villa will cost more that 2 moderates (we rented points for our family of 7 and had SO much room).
You would not need a 2 bedroom villa. A 1 bedroom at Bay Lake, Animal Kingdom and Old Key West all have the extra pull out bed in the living room. At Bay Lake and Animal Kingdom (Kidani), you also get 2 bathrooms in a one bedroom. With the king in the master and 2 other beds plus a full kitchen and a washer and dryer in your room, a 1 bedroom at a deluxe is way better than 2 rooms at a value. I am not sure how much it will cost to rent points since I own at all three resorts (BLT, AKV and OKW) but it is worth looking into...

If you find closer to the time money does get tight and everyone decides to share 1 room, just cancel the 2nd room.

I think you made a good choice. I know you're on a budget, but it sounds like you're like me--you tend to out-cheap yourself. You want everyone to be comfortable, well-rested, and have a good time. I'm sure you can find other ways to be cheap.

And "sharing the bed" issues are very real, at least in our family. My DD15 is an insanely restless sleeper--I've gone in to kiss her goodnight, and literally found her with her head and arms on the floor, legs on the bed, completely out of it. NOBODY in our family wants to share with her. Now, I have made my kids share for a one-night hotel stay--not paying for a second room if we're just stopping for a place to sleep. Several night of a vacation, especially one that involves a lot of walking, is a bit different.

Wow, OK. You're reading a lot of hidden meaning into something. Nobody ever said anything about sexualizing anything. Sharing a bed just isn't something I'm going to do.

You would not need a 2 bedroom villa. A 1 bedroom at Bay Lake, Animal Kingdom and Old Key West all have the extra pull out bed in the living room. At Bay Lake and Animal Kingdom (Kidani), you also get 2 bathrooms in a one bedroom. With the king in the master and 2 other beds plus a full kitchen and a washer and dryer in your room, a 1 bedroom at a deluxe is way better than 2 rooms at a value. I am not sure how much it will cost to rent points since I own at all three resorts (BLT, AKV and OKW) but it is worth looking into...

I know for me sofa beds or sleeper chairs are not comfortable. I need a real bed, especially for a Disney trip that requires a ton of walking.

I just think for an adults trip everyone needs their own bed unless they are a couple and are sharing a bed. I leave the sofa beds and sleeper chairs for the small kids.

Wow, OK. You're reading a lot of hidden meaning into something. Nobody ever said anything about sexualizing anything. Sharing a bed just isn't something I'm going to do.
With anybody (or anybody except your partner), fine. But when you're willing to share a bed with your same-sex sibling/parent/child, but not mom/son or daughter/brother, you subconsciously sexualize the sleeping arrangements.

I'm not advocating it - I would share a room but not a bed with my brother, but i wouldn't share with my mom or sister, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter