~~ Awesome Resort!! ~~

Montana Disney Fan

<font color=blue>GAT-Master Extraordinaire<br><fon
BEACH CLUB

Just got back. This is my new favorite. So many pools. So close to Epcot and MGM. We were upgraded to Concierge for free!! I can never go back now! The concierge is awesome!!

The room was spotless. The service was great! We saw an alligator in the moat outside!

It was fantastic!

Glad to hear that you had a good time. We also had a great time at the Beach Club. It is a beautiful resort.

I know what you mean about not wanting to stay anywhere else after the "concierge" experience. We did the Yacht Club for our honeymoon and it was so incredable.
But now that we have a baby and I'm a stay at home mom it's the All Star Music for us, oh well!

I hope you're kidding about getting hooked on concierge because generally you're going to have to pay for it!;)

Seriously though, while concierge is very nice it is never something I couldn't live without...But then I can't generally afford it so it's a good thing that I'm pragmatic!
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

In my opinion, if concierge costs an extra $100 per night, it is worth it. A glass of wine anywhere in the world is $7-$12. My brother and I each drank about 4 every night. And that does not count the coffee, food, treats, and everything else!

In that case you probably got your moneys worth and more. I have a 'mental' limit as I know what point we will get our moneys worth (and my limit is REALLY low!!!). But oh, the convenience.............

I'm interested in your upgrade for free! Did you ask to be upgraded or did the CM just offer it to you? Does this happen often?

We are staying at a deluxe hotel for the first time in December (the Polynesian from 12/7 to 12/11). Is there a chance that I could get an upgrade if I ask? I would never have thought to do that but if it's possible I will certainly try!

The upgrade to concierge was the second time I've been upgraded. I was also upgraded a few years ago at the Institute from a bungalow to a two bedroom on the lake.

I did NOT ask for either. I'm not sure what the criteria is for them to choose.

You are going at a slow time so I think it is possible for you. Good luck.

The Beach Club is also our favorite - love the theming, Stormalong Bay, the Epcot Resort Area. It can't be beat.

PamNC

texmom, I'd be willing to bet that those who do ask will never get a spectaculr upgrade (like Concerge)...JMO..
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

I know it may have felt like you were in a castle, but that wasn't a moat outside that the alligator was in, it was a canel. (Just Kidding).

Beach Club is also our favorite resort, that is why we purchased into the Beach Club Villas. Alley the alligator is a personal friend, he/she swam outside our balcony every day on our recent trip last month.

The gator was cool to see but alas, is gone now :(

As we turned the corner to go to the parking lot, we saw the Gator Patrol waiting on the poor thing with some very harsh looking equipment.

Thanks for posting. DH and I have always stayed at Wilderness Lodge and have been thinking about changing. We have considered BC. Sounds good!

I liked the BC better than the WL. It was just better for me I guess. We are Epcot people more than MK people so that probably had something to do with it. I am from Montana also so the Western Wilderness theme is lost with me.

Our family stayed at the Beach Club once and loved it! Had an awesome view of the Boardwalk from our room.

Then we tried the Yacht Club and have been staying there ever since. No reason why we switched - think that's where our TA put us. Our first time to the YC we were upgraded to concierge. Disney sure knows what they are doing because now we won't stay any other way! With 2 young shildren (3 & 8 next trip) the convenience of having the food and drink throughout the day is worth it to us. We eat breakfast in the lounge most every day.

Glad you enjoyed your vacation! We are looking forward to getting back REAL soon! :)

Jill

P.S. We didn't ask for the upgrade. I just asked for a room close to the elevator and the front lobby. Fernando, the CM, upgraded us. I only knew the 5th floor was concierge from this board! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter