Avatar experience coming to Disneyland

This really looks like it's going to be the Grizzly Peak area. The waterfalls, even the geyser off to the left. It's like we're standing near the Grand Cal entrance area looking toward Grizzly River Run.

I hope I'm wrong though.

I'm still in the put up or shut up Camp

Do it then, like this land looks like it will take 4-5 years....so start now.....if its part of Disney forward then lol.....why announce something you didn't have permits for...just,,,,Disney

Anyway, hope this land happens...don't care for the IP but the land looks epic and will finally draw people away from Carsland

I think the idea is to have something concrete to offer Anaheim to approve the Disneyland Forward proposal. Vote for it and you'll receive a new land based on Way of Water.

Well considering how much land, they have a ton of things they should be to show off

I'm just confused on Disney announcing this a year ago and that fact it would be 4-5 years out when DCA needs more before that. I hope they just have a plan for DCA before Disaney Forward because I love the park but needs more E tickets and things to spread out crowds.

I think the idea is to have something concrete to offer Anaheim to approve the Disneyland Forward proposal. Vote for it and you'll receive a new land based on Way of Water.

That is exactly what it is. It's marketing to get approval for Disneyland Forward. It's not really meant to overpromise guests and then not deliver like some imply. It's also very clearly marked as "inspirational artwork developed for a potential new Avatar experience". They aren't saying "this is what we are building".

Pleeeease just give me Flight of Passage. A new ride would be nice too. Gonna be so bummed if it's just an "experience" like Moana is at Epcot. If that's the case I don't even want it lol.

Well considering how much land, they have a ton of things they should be to show off

I'm just confused on Disney announcing this a year ago and that fact it would be 4-5 years out when DCA needs more before that. I hope they just have a plan for DCA before Disaney Forward because I love the park but needs more E tickets and things to spread out crowds.
I'd imagine maybe they had an idea to put it over an existing DLR or DCA property and at the time, people were starving for any good Disneyland expansion news. They've already talked about the Avengers E-Ticket multiverse ride for DCA. Maybe that gets an actual unveiling date at D23.

Even if that IS what they're building (or hoping/planning to build), what is it? All I see is...scenery. It's beautiful in the artistic rendering, but I don't see anything to "experience" other than a pretty view. I'd hate to lose GRR for a scenic lagoon with no ride.

Looks like a water ride. I'd imagine there's also a Flights of Passage ride planned that's Way of Water based. Show building could be inside the rock formation where the waterfall is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter