Automatic gratuity at Ohana with dining plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendylovesdisney

DIS Veteran
I just read an old post that appeared to say that Ohana automatically will charge you 18% gratuity if you use the dining plan. Is that correct?

I thought perhaps they had a different policy or something. The poster of that thread stated her service was not good at all but they had an automatic gratuity with the dining plan and I was wondering if that was so, and if that would explain poor service.

Nothing to do with the DDP.
If you have a party of 6+ gratuity is automatically added at any TS restaurant.
I would assume the person you're talking about had a party of 6+.
The quality of service is really just each server's attitude and nothing to do with gratuity or the DDP in my opinion.

We recently went to Ohana and the service was poor. The server appeared overwhelmed and unable to keep up with her assigned tables. We were NOT on the dining plan.

I felt the servers at 'Ohana seemed slightly overwhelmed as well. I was surprised the same person took our drink orders, brought the side dishes and the skewers. Might have worked better if there was a seperate server for the skewers.

There is auto gratuity if you use TiW, but that's standard everywhere, not just 'Ohana...not matter how many diners you have with you.

There is a sticky on the main board for the mechanics of tipping

Closing this thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter